Disable automatic toolbar show-up

Discuss the word processor
Daeron

Disable automatic toolbar show-up

Post by Daeron »

Hi everybody,

I've been using OO.o for some time now, and there is one function that I find very annoying. The automatic toolbar show-up when you select either a table, or an automatic number line. Is there any way to turn this feature off and let the toolbars show up when I want them to? Or is it in any way possible that this option will be added in the next version?

Many thanks.
Daeron

Re: Disable automatic toolbar show-up

Post by Daeron »

Mmh, just tried it, but they still appear when I select another table.
Daeron

Post by Daeron »

I did follow the instructions to turn it off, but do I really need to create a customized toolbar?
Daeron

Post by Daeron »

Well, I tried to do it, several times but it just won't work.

I have the latest version of OO.o
Daeron

Post by Daeron »

My os is windows xp pro, with the latest updates.
I've tried the steps in the link you gave but they just keep on showing up.
Daeron

Post by Daeron »

I know it should be easy, but it just won't work...

And I did those 2 steps, repeated them several times, but it just won't work for some strange reason

Isn't there an .ini or something I can edit so the context sensitive toolbars get disabled?
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

Daeron wrote:Isn't there an .ini or something I can edit so the context sensitive toolbars get disabled?
If there were, someone long ago would have created a tool to make that change, instead of having a workaround. The suggestions for customizing your experience aren't difficult to effect. They take only a few minutes and then you'll never have to do them again. I've been through several versions of OOo now, and haven't had any problems with toolbars since I first arranged them the way I want.

By the way, after you followed those two steps, did you close all OpenOffice windows? That seems to be the key for some folks. Also, do you have the QuickStarter running? If so, exit that before you do anything else.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Foxcole's suggestion works for me with OOo 2.3.1 on Windows ME. After turning off the Standard and Formatting toolbars, if the document is saved, closed and reopened, the Standard and Formatting toolbars do not reappear.