[Solved] Window off screen on startup

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
SpeedOfSound

[Solved] Window off screen on startup

Post by SpeedOfSound »

I have 3 video cards and 5 monitors. On startup OO insists on starting half off the far left screen. Is there a way to change the startup parameters? I would prefer it starts in the last location and size that I exited from.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Dec 29, 2011 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 7
Safway
Volunteer

Re: Window off screen on startup

Post by Safway »

I don't think this is an OO.o function. In my mind, that is the domain of the window manager (as it manages windows). The saved position metrics should be part of your window manager.

However I see you are using Windows 7; therefore, this is what I have found:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... bab253c1d2
If someone posts a fix for your question, then please post a quick thank you and then go to your first post, use the edit button to add [Solved] as the first word of the title so other people can rely on the fix as well.
LibreOffice 3.3.3 on Fedora
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

As far as I know, you should be able to pull the OOo window to the position on screen that you wish, and it will then remember that on shutdown. I think this is the same information given in safeway;s link.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
SpeedOfSound

Post by SpeedOfSound »

It only happens on Oo and it keeps reverting back to halfway off my left monitor in the up direction. No other apps do this.
Safway
Volunteer

Post by Safway »

Though this issue only happens with OO.o, I don't think it is a function of OO.o. This is the function of your window manager.
If someone posts a fix for your question, then please post a quick thank you and then go to your first post, use the edit button to add [Solved] as the first word of the title so other people can rely on the fix as well.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

The window attributes are saved in the user profile in the registrymodifications.xcu file (C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\OpenOffice.org\3\user\registrymodifications.xcu) when the window is moved. Try closing OOo and renaming that file, then restart OOo. OOo will create a new registrymodifications.xcu file with the default settings. The new window should be centered on your primary monitor, and the registrymodifications.xcu file should be updated automatically with the window position and size if the window is moved.
Safway
Volunteer

Post by Safway »

Well, I was sure wrong!

It looks like OO.o does write the window location within the registrymodifications.xcu file.

Thanks Bill. I, again, learned something new.
SpeedOfSound

Post by SpeedOfSound »

Thanks! That works.