[Solved] Music stops

Discuss the presentation application
bcaban

[Solved] Music stops

Post by bcaban »

I am having problems with getting the music to play throughout all the slides. It starts over again when each picture switches. I am totally new to all of this, but I did get my slides ll together. nd put music in. It's just making me crazy to have the song start over again every 5 seconds.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved and moved it to the right forum.
hol.sten
Volunteer

Re: music stops

Post by hol.sten »

bcaban wrote:I am having problems with getting the music to play throughout all the slides. It starts over again when each picture switches. I am totally new to all of this, but I did get my slides ll together. nd put music in. It's just making me crazy to have the song start over again every 5 seconds.
Try this tread: http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic ... ay+impress. Excerpt from this thread:
jeanweber wrote:(New in OOo2.3 -- I haven't tried this myself, but an experienced Impress user wrote the info below.)

You can use the Slide Transition pane to set up Impress so that a sound or a song is played throughout the presentation. To do that:
1) Select the slide where you want the sound to start and go to the Slide transition pane.
2) In the Modify transition section, select the entry Other sound from the Sound drop-down menu.
3) Select the Loop until next sound checkbox if you want the sound to restart once it is finished.

Caution: Do NOT click the Apply to all button, otherwise your selected sound will restart at every slide.
OOo 3.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 • OOo 3.2.1 on Windows 7 64-bit and MS Windows XP
bcaban

Re: music stops

Post by bcaban »

Thanks, that worked. But I also had to go to each slide and make sure it was set to Automatic After on the Advanced slide.
I noticed that it would stop at slide two and the music would restart again. So I clicked on each slide and noticed that the first two were set for Automatically after, but the rest were set for On Mouse Click. That's a cool feature. I may be able to use that someday.
Thanks again.
lakergirl

Re: [Solved] Music stops

Post by lakergirl »

yeah I have the same problem, but when i click "other sound" none of my music comes up and i cant select "loop until next sound". i really need music throughout the whole presentation.
guyver2095

Post by guyver2095 »

I already installed the JMF in other ubuntu distros and l do it in windows and it works, now after a week or so of trying to resolve this problem I find that OpenOffice uses Gstreamer, so I installed insanely all plugins at hand, even the partner repositories good, bad, uggly and.... nothing. The problem persists I tried every forum but I cant use the selector because it didn't work, you can only select some sounds but not all that the selector presents.

If you insert media in the normal way you can play them, but it is not so easy, you can't play files from a folder called Música you have to play them from Music folder OO can't recognize folders with accent by example and not only here, the same case in Mandriva one 2010. At least there you can use the control, but not in Ubuntu.

Totem seems to work fine too, and you can play files if you insert them but only plays for that diapo.

Another experiment, you can copy a .wav file that plays in slide transition (/usr/lib/openoffice/basics3.2....) to another folders in your system, but OO cant read them in transition, yes you can insert them into slide and play them, but nothing more. On the contrary if you copy a file to the OO sound gallery directory or rename one that you know that works, you can't select it even in the gallery???

Incredible no?

It seems to be a language support problem, yes it is I go to menu Sistema/administración/soporte de idiomas, and it seems everything its not ok out from the box (tats no good at all) in Mandriva I suffer of something similar in the language preferences of the interface it let me select UTF8 compatibility and the problem was solved (crazy no?).

The I uninstalled OO, and reinstall only impress with the language-suport-es and that's it, it works again.
I'm going to check another components and tell you later.

I already reinstall almost everything except myspell for en us because it installs the en support for the interface and create problems like the one I describe above.

there are some other problems , the origis is Dmaths from repo, if you install it from the webpage it works ok!.
To install Writer 2 latex and Writer 2 Html, you must be sure in process manager to shut down any soffice bin you have, open office quick launch included.
OpenOffice 3.2.0 on Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Linx
guyver2095

Post by guyver2095 »

If the other sound selector doesn't work, try to uninstall Dmaths if you install it from repositories and try to install from webpage it seems to work for Ubuntu 10 hallucinated Linx
OpenOffice 3.2.0 on Linux Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Linx