Swedish OOo

Talk about anything at all....
Albireo

Swedish OOo

Post by Albireo »

Hello!
Anybody know what happened with the swedish version of OpenOffice? :(
I can't download it, and the mailing list users@sv.openoffice.org doesn't work.

What happen?

//Jan
Last edited by Albireo on Wed Apr 04, 2012 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 4.1.X on Windows XP, Win7, 10
Hagar Delest

Re: Swedish OO

Post by Hagar Delest »

Native language of the former mailing lists have been closed and are reopened depending on the demand. You should ask the dev mailing list. See the OOo help page about mailing lists.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
kingfisher
Volunteer

Re: Swedish OOo

Post by kingfisher »

There are details of mailing lists on this page. It may not be up to date as a German list (at least) is now in operation.

You can write to the dev list without subscribing. I suggest that you include in your email (in the subject head or top of the text) that you are not subscribed to the list so that subscribers know to send you copies of their replies to the list. An email to the users' list may also provide information.

The current Swedish version is listed on this page.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

You can download it from http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html - at least the download started for me, I didn't download the whole file, but if the download starts, I assume that it'll complete.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
Albireo

Post by Albireo »

floris v wrote:You can download it from http://www.openoffice.org/download/other.html - at least the download started for me, I didn't download the whole file, but if the download starts, I assume that it'll complete.
Yes, now it works. But for some days ago, I got an error when I selected download.
The domain name has changed, it was before .: "sv.openoffice.org"
The mailing list (user@sv.openoffice.org) where it was possible to ask in Swedish is gone. Everyone on the list knew of the specific problems that exist with the Swedish version (åäö, some translation problems - and so on).

My curiosity is really - what happens?
Has the work with OpenOffice stopped? (It's a long time ago, it was an upgrade)
Will Libre Office develop better program?

//Jan
OOo 4.1.X on Windows XP, Win7, 10
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

The source code has been donated to Apache, which is developing it further. If there are problems with how it works for Swedish, you'll have to report that. Language specific problems are most often tackled by people speaking that language. So some Swedes will have to get busy.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
kingfisher
Volunteer

Post by kingfisher »

Your post to the dev list has received one reply which you can find by going to that link.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.9 on Linux