[Solved] Extension gets constantly deactivated

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
knuger

[Solved] Extension gets constantly deactivated

Post by knuger »

I added a self-written extension (python macro) from my own desktop to "My Extensions" using the Extension Manager. It got installed alright, i.e. put into the correct dictionary for my python-macros and it executes as it should. However whenever I close OpenOffice the next time I open it the extension is deactivated. How come?
Note: I would have liked to attach the extension so you can see it or run a test, but I get an error message that the upload of an extension as attachment is not allowed. If you tell me a way to provide it I will be glad to do it.
Last edited by knuger on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x
bobban
Volunteer

Re: Extension gets constantly deactivated

Post by bobban »

rename the file extension to ".odt" (so the attachment is accepted), and write in your post what it needs to be changed to (ie. ".oxt" etc).
OOo 3.1.1 on Ms Windows XP
knuger

Post by knuger »

Fine - here it is. And you would have to rename the extension from .odt to .oxt again.
Attachments
gnuc2ooo.odt
(8.09 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x
hanya
Volunteer

Post by hanya »

I have met the same problem and it caused by the wrong description in the META-INF/manifest.xml.
Your manifest.xml file contained in the extension package including the following line:

Code: Select all

<manifest:file-entry manifest:full-path="python/" manifest:media-type="application/vnd.sun.star.framework-script;type=Python"/>
remove ";type-Python" like this:

Code: Select all

<manifest:file-entry manifest:full-path="python/" manifest:media-type="application/vnd.sun.star.framework-script"/>
This is described in:
http://udk.openoffice.org/python/script ... index.html

I have reported about that in i93806 (this issue is invallid).
If you remember, could you tell me which document did you refere to write the manifest.xml file? (I fogot it and I lost all of older data..)
Please, edit this thread's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Apache OpenOffice 4-dev on Xubuntu 14.04
knuger

Post by knuger »

Thank you, that did it. I didn't refer to a document, I took a test script from someone reporting an issue in the issue tracker and adapted it boldly to my needs. I do not remember which issue it was, only that there was a reference in it to the (in)famous issue 93994.
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x