"Runtime variable not set"

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
ouroborus

"Runtime variable not set"

Post by ouroborus »

I have a document that I'm trying to reformat. Part of that is reformatting all the embedded objects. I'm trying to use a BASIC macro to do this but I'm getting a strange error. Here's a stripped down version of the macro:

Code: Select all

Sub Test
	Dim objects As Object
	Dim obj As Object
	Dim embedded As Object
	Dim test As String

objects = ThisComponent.getEmbeddedObjects()

For i = 0 to objects.count-1
		obj = objects(i)
		embedded = obj.getEmbeddedObject()

If embedded.supportsService("com.sun.star.formula.FormulaProperties") Then
			' fails on the previous line when i reaches 20

' only fails if you've been writing to the objects' children:
			test = embedded.Formula
			embedded.Formula = test
		End If
	Next i
End Sub
The error occurs when i reaches 20. (There are over 90 embedded objects in the document.) It seems similar to the unsolved problem A in this thread.

What am I doing wrong?
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: "Runtime variable not set"

Post by Villeroy »

I'm not shure, but something is looking strange. You loop through the collection of embedded objects ...

... and then you get another embedded object from the member of the collection:

obj = objects(i)
Symbol "embedded" is not a member of the the original collection "objects".
You do use the Xray tool, don't you?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
ouroborus

Post by ouroborus »

Villeroy wrote:I'm not shure, but something is looking strange. You loop through the collection of embedded objects ...

... and then you get another embedded object from the member of the collection:

obj = objects(i)
Symbol "embedded" is not a member of the the original collection "objects".
Is there perhaps an approved way of accomplishing this?
Villeroy wrote:You do use the Xray tool, don't you?
No, but I'll look into it.

[UPDATE] I installed Xray and messed around with it a bit.

Seems that when getEmbeddedObject() is called on the 21st object (i=20), the system hangs for around 1-5 seconds, then returns an incomplete object.

It seems as if it's trying to duplicate the object somehow before returning it, decides it takes to long, returns it anyway and tries to finish up the duplication hoping the object won't be accessed right away. Sounds weird, I know.

Depending on how fast the 'embedded' variable is accessed, it'll be a Null object or (very rarely) what appears to be an incomplete object as shown by Xray:

Alignment                 integer                          <An exception occurred 
Type: com.sun.star.beans.UnknownPropertyException
BaseFontHeight            integer                          <An exception occurred 
BasicLibraries            object                           read-only, <An exception occurred 
BottomMargin              integer                          <An exception occurred 
CustomFontNameFixed       string                           <An exception occurred 
CustomFontNameSans        string                           <An exception occurred 
CustomFontNameSerif       string                           <An exception occurred 
DialogLibraries           object                           read-only, <An exception occurred 
FontFixedIsBold           boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontFixedIsItalic         boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontFunctionsIsBold       boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontFunctionsIsItalic     boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontNameFunctions         string                           <An exception occurred 
FontNameNumbers           string                           <An exception occurred 
FontNameText              string                           <An exception occurred 
FontNameVariables         string                           <An exception occurred 
FontNumbersIsBold         boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontNumbersIsItalic       boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontSansIsBold            boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontSansIsItalic          boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontSerifIsBold           boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontSerifIsItalic         boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontTextIsBold            boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontTextIsItalic          boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontVariablesIsBold       boolean                          <An exception occurred 
FontVariablesIsItalic     boolean                          <An exception occurred 
Formula                   string                           <An exception occurred 
IsScaleAllBrackets        boolean                          <An exception occurred 
IsTextMode                boolean                          <An exception occurred 
LeftMargin                integer                          <An exception occurred 
LoadReadonly              boolean                          <An exception occurred 
PrinterName               string                           <An exception occurred 
PrinterSetup              []byte                           <An exception occurred 
RelativeBracketDistance   integer                          <An exception occurred 
RelativeBracketExcessSize integer                          <An exception occurred 
RelativeFontHeightFunctions integer                        <An exception occurred 
RelativeFontHeightIndices integer                          <An exception occurred 
RelativeFontHeightLimits  integer                          <An exception occurred 
RelativeFontHeightOperators integer                        <An exception occurred 
RelativeFontHeightText    integer                          <An exception occurred 
RelativeFractionBarExcessLength integer                    <An exception occurred 
RelativeFractionBarLineWeight integer                      <An exception occurred 
RelativeFractionDenominatorDepth integer                   <An exception occurred 
RelativeFractionNumeratorHeight integer                    <An exception occurred 
RelativeIndexSubscript    integer                          <An exception occurred 
RelativeIndexSuperscript  integer                          <An exception occurred 
RelativeLineSpacing       integer                          <An exception occurred 
RelativeLowerLimitDistance integer                         <An exception occurred 
RelativeMatrixColumnSpacing integer                        <An exception occurred 
RelativeMatrixLineSpacing integer                          <An exception occurred 
RelativeOperatorExcessSize integer                         <An exception occurred 
RelativeOperatorSpacing   integer                          <An exception occurred 
RelativeRootSpacing       integer                          <An exception occurred 
RelativeScaleBracketExcessSize integer                     <An exception occurred 
RelativeSpacing           integer                          <An exception occurred 
RelativeSymbolMinimumHeight integer                        <An exception occurred 
RelativeSymbolPrimaryHeight integer                        <An exception occurred 
RelativeUpperLimitDistance integer                         <An exception occurred 
RightMargin               integer                          <An exception occurred 
RuntimeUID                string                           read-only, <An exception occurred 
Symbols                   []struct                         <An exception occurred 
TopMargin                 integer                          <An exception occurred 
Parent                    object                           pseudo-prop 
DocumentInfo              object                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
DocumentProperties        object                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
Events                    object                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
AllowMacroExecution       boolean                          attribute, read-only 
ScriptContainer           object                           attribute, read-only 
URL                       string                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
Args                      []struct                         pseudo-prop, read-only 
CurrentController         object                           pseudo-prop 
CurrentSelection          object                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
Controllers               object                   <null>  pseudo-prop, read-only 
AvailableViewControllerNames []string             <empty>  pseudo-prop, read-only 
Modified                  boolean                          pseudo-prop, write-only 
Printer                   []struct                         pseudo-prop 
Location                  string                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
LibraryContainer          object                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
ViewData                  object                           pseudo-prop 
TransferDataFlavors       []struct                         pseudo-prop, read-only 
DocumentSubStoragesNames  []string                         pseudo-prop, read-only 
DocumentStorage           object                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
ScriptProvider            object                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
UIConfigurationManager    object                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
Identifier                string                       ""  pseudo-prop 
Title                     string                       ""  pseudo-prop 
UntitledPrefix            string                       ""  pseudo-prop, read-only 
Types                     []type                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
ImplementationId          []byte                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
ImplementationName        string                    <...>  pseudo-prop, read-only 
SupportedServiceNames     []string                         pseudo-prop, read-only 
PropertySetInfo           object                           pseudo-prop, read-only 
Dbg_Properties            string                    <...>  basic prop, read-only 
Dbg_Methods               string                    <...>  basic prop, read-only 
Dbg_SupportedInterfaces   string                    <...>  basic prop, read-only 
It seems possible to make things work it there's a forced pause (waiting a while before clicking Xray's Close button) between access of the 20th and 21st objects. The same seems to be true for every increment of 20, but it's harder to get it to die on the later ones.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
ouroborus

Post by ouroborus »

I was running OOo 3.0.0. I switch to 2.4.2 and the script works fine there. So I guess it's an issue with 3.0.0. I also noticed that 3.0.0 is a *lot* slower.