Can only link images or pictures in Sun Report Builder

Getting your data onto paper - or the web - Discussing the reports features of Base
kingofthebears

Can only link images or pictures in Sun Report Builder

Post by kingofthebears »

I have a simple report that has a logo in the header.

In OOo 3.01 or 3.10 with their respective versions of Sun Report Builder, I am unable to imbed the logo image into the Base document. Regardless of any permutation of "Preserve as Link", or the check-box "Link" in the graphics file selector, if I open the file on another system or if I delete the filesystem file, the logo is gone.

I have tried every permutation of .jpg, .gif, and .png versions of the logo as I saw there was a bug in Writer that had issues with jpg's. The file sizes of my Link/NoLink Base test files are uniformly similar, and a check of the content.xml doesn't show any graphical data.

I also created a new report from the wizard and tested, with the same results.

There was a similar issue in the bug system, Issue 88733 where the boolean was backwards, and I had hoped this was the problem, but it is not.

I am running on openSuSE 10.3.

If someone else will confirm this is a bug and not an anomaly I will report it as a bug; I just find it hard to believe it would go unreported for two versions hence my reticence to "bug it".

Thank you!

Arthur Knight Hammer
Last edited by TheGurkha on Tue Jun 23, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tidied up link.
OOo 3.1.X on openSuse 10 + openSuSE 11
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Can only link images or pictures in Sun Report Builder

Post by r4zoli »

I tried in winXP and Ubuntu 8.10, and in Sun and Go-oo source OOo, and it works as your described, linked picture lost only path stored in Graphics property.
I think the "Preserve link" property has effet only with finished reports and not in OOo Base file. Preserve picture only in finished reports, as described in issue 88733.

It worth submitting an enhancement.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
BigLar

Post by BigLar »

Could anyone tell me how to print images to a report from a database that merely has the path to the image? I have created a simple database that has an item number, a name and a field that contains the path to a jpeg image. I have been able to get such images to show on a form, but I need them to print in a report because I need to group/sort the database. Alternately, is there a way to create a form that has a header and detail section so that data can be grouped and sorted. I can't seem to do that in a form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Open Office 3.1 on Windows XP Pro
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Are you using the Sun Report Builder?
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
BigLar

Post by BigLar »

Yes. I inserted into the report detail section a "Graphics" object with the "data field" parameter set to the database field that contains the path to the image, but the image won't display on the report. Someone mentioned the need to use a macro to display the image earlier in this thread. How can this be done?
Open Office 3.1 on Windows XP Pro
r4zoli
Volunteer

Post by r4zoli »

It is a known bug, if you try to insert relative path image (for example through form) into SRB report, issue 102563, OOo can not create full path from database field stored relative path, only workaround use images with absolute path.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin