Address labels

dBase, Calc, CSV, MS ACCESS, MySQL, PostgrSQL, OTHER
cork

Address labels

Post by cork »

I would like to print several hundred address labels from a NeoBase table. When I follow the NeoBase instructions starting with New, labels... I can get one page only of labels. Is there a way to print 7-10 pages of Avery 8160 labels in one pass?
kabing
Volunteer

Re: Address labels

Post by kabing »

Take a look at these two threads:

one from ooforum.org
one from trinity (Neo's forum)

If you choose print and say you want to print a form letter, do you get more than one page? If you are using NeoOffice, you might want to use the Preview or PDF button to avoid wasting paper and ink; I don't know if that's an option for OpenOffice.org on the various OS's.

kabing
NeoOffice (app store version) OpenOffice.org 4.1 and LibreOffice 4.3 on Mac OS X El Capitan
OpenOffice.org 4.1.2 on Windows 10 (Previously on Vista)
cork

Post by cork »

My son-in-law, a Microsoft guy, found a solution: Follow the NeoOffice documentation instructions for "Printing Address Labels" through step 3 to create a new document. You will see 1 page of address labels. Choose "edit, select all", then copy, and then paste for as many pages as you need for the labels you want to print. Then follow the NeoOffice "Printing Address Labels" documentation from step 4 to the end.
JohnV
Volunteer

Post by JohnV »

cork,

I don't have NeoOffice but doesn't just clicking the Print icon and answer 'yes' to the 'form letter' query work for you. If not then here's a macro that should automate the copy and paste you are doing.
http://www.oooforum.org/forum/viewtopic ... mail+merge
cork

Post by cork »

Thanks, I'll save the macro and try it out if the low tech solution doesn't work out.
TheWhiteSeal

Post by TheWhiteSeal »

Hi there,

On the subject of printing address labels i would have to admit i never really had much luck with getting them printed with my label printer. I seemed to spend more time messing around with the printer than printing out the labels. In the end i decided to give up on the whole DIY approach and i got a british labels company to print my address labels out instead.