Adding Entry into a list box with double click

Creating and using forms
SandyJS

Adding Entry into a list box with double click

Post by SandyJS »

Let me see if I can describe the problem for you so that you will understand my problem. Thanks to a tutorial I found here, I was able to create a database to keep track of DH & mine's movie collection. Just about everything is working okay so far with only a few exceptions. The worst one is when I try to add in the actors for the movie. If I haven't already added the actor into the actor table, I have to exit the movie form, open the actor form and then go back to the movie form. I'd like to be able to double-click on the listbox and have it pop up the actor form, and update the list box when I'm done. So what do I need to change and where is it located.
Windows Vista
Open Office 3.4
DACM
Volunteer

Re: Adding Entry into a list box with double click

Post by DACM »

Your specific requirements will require macros. Perhaps see:
Songs - List Box Switchboard.odb
AOO 4.1.x; LO 4.2.x; Windows 7/8 64-bit
Warning: Avoid embedded databases --> Solution: Adopt a portable 'split database' folder
Soli Deo gloria
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

I would simply add an independent form to the same document as the input form. Set property "add data only" so it appends new actors quickly without navigation. Add a push button with action "new record" and "default button".
The second refresh button on the form navigation refreshes the currently focussed list box.
In any case it would be more efficient if you could insert all (or most) new actors before you edit the movies.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
SandyJS

Post by SandyJS »

Villeroy wrote:
In any case it would be more efficient if you could insert all (or most) new actors before you edit the movies.
That's probably true, but I'm writing this for my DH and he just doesn't have the patience any more to do that. I'll check over the other suggestions later today.
Windows Vista
Open Office 3.4
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

In depth discussion with screenshots and example file: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 167#p58043
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice