[Solved] Filter&Sort options disabled with HSQLDB 2.1 server

Creating and using forms
Villeroy
Volunteer

[Solved] Filter&Sort options disabled with HSQLDB 2.1 server

Post by Villeroy »

Surprisingly, all forms and grid views connected to a HSQLDB 2.1 in server mode are not filterable by any means. The dialog based filter pops up without any selectable fields in the fields selector, the other filter commands are disabled.
I can sort the row sets using the filter dialog. The AZ and ZA buttons are disabled.
The problem does not occur with another JDBC connection to a H2 database.
I played with the advanced database options but nothing seems to cure the loss of options. The forms are rather simple and flexible. Userdefined filters would be more than nice to have.
Is there anything I could do about it? How about version 1.8?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
FJCC

Re: Filter and sort options disabled with HSQLDB 2.1 server

Post by FJCC »

I have a server mode database on my local system running the HSQLDB 1.8 that came with OOo. I created a form with a single grid control pointing to a table. Filtering with the Form Navigation tool bar or a Navigation Bar control seem to work as expected. I certainly didn't try all the options, but I was able to filter and sort without a problem.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Filter and sort options disabled with HSQLDB 2.1 server

Post by Villeroy »

Thank you for your feedback. I abandon all hope that an OOo upgrade in the near future would fix this since HSQLDB 2 did not make it into 3.4. Instead of coding my own filter/sort facility I can revert back to 1.8 which fits my needs in this particular case.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
DACM
Volunteer

Filter&Sort options disabled with HSQLDB 2.1 server mode onl

Post by DACM »

Villeroy wrote:Surprisingly, all forms and grid views connected to a HSQLDB 2.1 in server mode are not filterable by any means. The dialog based filter pops up without any selectable fields in the fields selector, the other filter commands are disabled.
I can sort the row sets using the filter dialog. The AZ and ZA buttons are disabled.
The problem does not occur with another JDBC connection to a H2 database.
Same here. Not good. :(

That's an acute issue considering that 'file mode' works (toolbar filter options) but 'server' mode doesn't.

I would have presumed that HSQLDB 2.x would be more compatible with the Base GUI than H2. Form-level filtering with schema support was my problem (show-stopper) with H2 some time ago but maybe things have changed. Hmmm...
AOO 4.1.x; LO 4.2.x; Windows 7/8 64-bit
Warning: Avoid embedded databases --> Solution: Adopt a portable 'split database' folder
Soli Deo gloria
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Filter&Sort options disabled with HSQLDB 2.1 se

Post by r4zoli »

You could check it in bugtracker if it is working (now I can not log in, but can search).

All works connected to hsqldb 2.x integration done in cws hsqldb19.
When search use "cws hsqldb19" keyword in summary, and all type of status.
To test it, you can download latest cws hsqldb19 (m015 only for win platform) from qa-upload.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Filter&Sort options disabled with HSQLDB 2.1 se

Post by Villeroy »

r4zoli" wrote:To test it, you can download latest cws hsqldb19 (m015 only for win platform) from qa-upload.
Sorry, no. The Windows system I have access to are productive systems. I won't test software on these.
myself wrote:Instead of coding my own filter/sort facility I can revert back to 1.8 which fits my needs in this particular case.
Finally I kept hsqldb 2 and implemented a set of subform filters. "The girls" love it.