[Solved] Read only form

Creating and using forms
jtmedin

[Solved] Read only form

Post by jtmedin »

Probably a simple answer but i have run out of trying :-(. Generated a table using 'create table in design mode' Got the fields & types ok. Then tried to create an index using several fields but unable.

Changed the generation to the table wizard & then asked it to generate a form from the table. Changed the form to move & enlarge some of the fields. Told it i wanted to enter data now. I did so with a couple of records with text,date & photo. Saved it ok BUT when i opened the form again it was read only. HELP! TIA
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OOo 3.1.X on Ms Windows XP + ubuntu
DACM
Volunteer

Re: read only

Post by DACM »

You mean when you right-click 'Edit' to open the Form it is read-only?
AOO 4.1.x; LO 4.2.x; Windows 7/8 64-bit
Warning: Avoid embedded databases --> Solution: Adopt a portable 'split database' folder
Soli Deo gloria
MickD

Re: Read only form

Post by MickD »

The problem also happens with my setup. The doc. title bar shows the doc. name, then
(read-only) OpenOffice.org Base:Form design

This happens if I open with double click on the form, or with Right-click|Open :crazy:
OOo321 Windows7
RPG
Volunteer

Post by RPG »

Hello

Maybe you have to read the post of dacm above your post

see also here

Romke
LibreOffice 7.1.4.2 on openSUSE Leap 15.2
jtmedin

Post by jtmedin »

No i did not open with edit, just did a click on the form name. When it came up for the second time it was 'read only'. I was not able to enter data.
DACM
Volunteer

Post by DACM »

Perhaps this will help..
AOO 4.1.x; LO 4.2.x; Windows 7/8 64-bit
Warning: Avoid embedded databases --> Solution: Adopt a portable 'split database' folder
Soli Deo gloria
jtmedin

Post by jtmedin »

Ok this is what i have learned: Let the wizard create the table & the wizard to create the form. Then things work as advertised editing the form Or adding data to the database. I think i did some thing wrong trying to create an index using text fields & date fields. Thanks for all ur help.
Have another question: when i say open an existing file, i then get the directory where the file is & must select the correct file again. Seems base doesn't know how to do that or ...?