[Solved] Base upgrade 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 forms data problem

Creating and using forms
imackee

[Solved] Base upgrade 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 forms data problem

Post by imackee »

We keep a database for a club, it is relatively small with less than 400 members. After an upgrade from 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 the form used for data entry no longer showed a considerable portion of the data. Most of the apparent missing data was in text fields. A few of these were visible, however. On inspecting the source table, the data was present and correct in the table itself.
When looking at the table structure, after pressing the table edit option, it was apparent that those fields that were missing all had the character 0 in format example field. Next to the format example field is a key with the … character on it. When pressing that key it shows the @ character in the field but it is not possible to transfer the @ character to the format field directly.

The work around is to first back up your database and then, in the table edit change the field type from eg TEXT VARCHAR to TEXT VARCHAR IGNORE CASE. You will see that this puts the @ character into the format field. Then change the field type back to TEXT VARCHAR and save your changes. I would not recommend making any changes to a field that is a key field as I am not sure that such a change would be without adverse results.

This was tested on MACOS 10.6.4 and it also works in Windows 7. Unfortunately, for family reasons, I do not have a current installation of my preferred OS, Linux.

Ian.
OOo 3.2.0 on Mac OSX 10.6.2
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: OO Base upgrade 3.2.0 to 3.2.1 forms data prob SOLVED

Post by r4zoli »

This is a workaround for issue 111295.
Thanks for finding it.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin