Python, Form, Dialog

Creating a macro - Writing a Script - Using the API (OpenOffice Basic, Python, BeanShell, JavaScript)
Amber10

Python, Form, Dialog

Post by Amber10 »

I read developers manual, Danys python codes, Python Udk, Lucas manual.
i still need an advice.
I want to have a separate window (form? dialog?),
1) where i could input search words,
2) where would be a field with search results and document structure. I.e. all Table of contents + search results in appropriate places of Table of Contents

I do not understood should i use Dialog or Form?
Which one of them can contain both
1) field for input
2) self-updating fields consisting of documents Table of content with search results in their position in documents Table of content.

Can Dialog/Form be in shape of folders as in browser for different search requests?
##################################################################################################################
Maybe smbd can recommend documentation for work with Forms and python in OpenOffice (I read developers manual, Danys python codes, Python Udk, Lucas manual.)

In API descriptions.- i can see what i can afford from Form and Dialog, i do not see how to create them, nor where they can be used .
Debian 5*
OOo 3.2.1
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Python, Form, Dialog

Post by Villeroy »

This is a database form. It filters database content by means of an input field without any macros.
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... hp?id=6442
You can also draw unbound form controls onto documents and use them programmatically.
A dialog is a separate window with controls that provide no database functionality.

You want to build some kind of index for text data in a Writer document. Before you think of this or that user interface you should write a draft of the data processing which gets the right output from given input.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice