Does cycling through windows work on OOo 3.0 Beta for Mac?

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
jwhendy

Does cycling through windows work on OOo 3.0 Beta for Mac?

Post by jwhendy »

Hi,

I just downloaded OpenOffice and am getting started. It seems pretty cool so far. I wondered one thing - the system shortcut to cycle through open windows of the same program (Command + ~) isn't seeming to work. I have to click to bring another OpenOffice window into focus/go back and forth between documents.

I am looking to compare spreadsheets and do things like this often, so it would be great to be able to live on the keyboard for this task rather than having to click all the time. Is this the case with anyone else or could something be wrong (double used shortcuts)? I don't see Command+~ used when looking at Toos->Customize->Keyboard.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
John
Last edited by jwhendy on Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard + Zenwalk Linux
jwhendy

Re: Cycle through windows

Post by jwhendy »

Sorry to bump... not many views here but thought I'd add that I would find it almost as helpful just to have another Mac user tell me if they have the same experience. Can someone using OpenOffice 3.0 Beta on Leopard open up two or more spreadsheet docs and tell me if Command (Apple symbol) + ~ (Tilda) cycles through them or if there is no response and you have to click to bring one into focus (to the top of the stack of windows)?

Thanks!!
John
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

jwhendy wrote:Sorry to bump... not many views here but thought I'd add that I would find it almost as helpful just to have another Mac user tell me if they have the same experience. Can someone using OpenOffice 3.0 Beta on Leopard open up two or more spreadsheet docs and tell me if Command (Apple symbol) + ~ (Tilda) cycles through them or if there is no response and you have to click to bring one into focus (to the top of the stack of windows)?

Thanks!!
John
"Command Shift ~" works for me with spreadsheets. "Command `" works on writer documents, but not on spreadsheets.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
jwhendy

Post by jwhendy »

Hmmm... that's so odd. I was working in a Writer window and opened another and could not get Command+` or Command+Shift+` to work for me. I tried the same thing with two freshly opened Calc spreadsheets and found the same.

Anyone else? This would have to be on the System Level and not on the OOo level since these are system defined shortcuts, correct? I have no problems in any other applications performing this shortcut.

-John
jwhendy

Post by jwhendy »

Sorry to bump, but I'd really like to know if this is on my end or OOo's. Can anyone with a Mac try out the typical OS X keyboard shortcuts on OOo 3.0 Beta and tell me if they can use Command + ` to cycle through multiple OOo (e.g. 3 Writer windows or 1 Writer and 2 Calc windows) windows that are open at the same time? I'll list this as solved (even though it's really not) to kill it if I still hear nothing back in a week.
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Does cycling through windows work on OOo 3.0 Beta for Mac?

Post by TheGurkha »

Let's see if you get a response. Even if you don't I wouldn't mark it as solved - because you still won't have an answer.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
nando

Post by nando »

This problem has been bugging me for the last week, since switching over to a new MacBook.

I finally figured out the switching windows keyboard shortcut. It's actually controlled by OS X and not OOo.

In OS X check the following. I wasn't able to change the setting using fn F7 for some reason so I'll just keep the shortcut as the default.

System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts

Look for the "Description" titled "Keyboard Navigation" and expand it so the option within the tree are shown. Check to see if the "Description" titled "Move focus to next window in active application" is checked, if not select it.

The default shortcut is CMD + `. The ` character is the one to the left of the 1 key which has a ~ (tilde) above it.

The above shortcut only cycles in one direction, to the end of the opened windows and then it stops.

To get the windows to cycle from the last window and then back to the first opened window try the following, which isn't shown in OS X as a shortcut but it does work.

CMD + SHIFT + `

Nando
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard + windows xp
Office Worker 5

Post by Office Worker 5 »

I don't know about v3.0 Beta, but I have (just) found (thanks to this thread) that "Command ~" cycles through Calc documents in v3.01.
"Command `" cycles through Writer documents (as I would expect from the Keyboard Navigation System Preferences).
'Command ~" cycles though Calc and Writer documents when both types of document are open.

I'm using an Intel iMac running OSX 10.4.11.

I hope that helps.
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx other + Windows 2000 Professional