[Solved] OpenOffice.org stuck on "Restore Windows"

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Zarnium

[Solved] OpenOffice.org stuck on "Restore Windows"

Post by Zarnium »

I have the latest version of OpenOffice on Mac OS 10.7.3. Every time I start OpenOffice, it gets stuck on the "Restore Windows" feature. It says "The application “OpenOffice.org” unexpectedly quit while trying to restore its windows. Do you want to try to restore its windows again?" and gives me a "Don't restore windows" and "Restore Windows" option. No matter which one I press, the window doesn't go away, and I can't use the program properly. It won't quit without force quitting. I've tried deleting the entire program from my computer and deleting all of its files in the "Application Support" section of the Library, and nothing changes. Any suggestions?
Last edited by Zarnium on Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.3.0 Mac OS 10.7.3
MrProgrammer

Re: OpenOffice stuck on "Restore Windows"

Post by MrProgrammer »

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

There are several very recent questions about that same issue in this forum. You could have gotten your answer right away if you had looked a little or if you had searched (Searth this forum …) for "restore" and "windows".
Screen shot 2012-03-04 at 21.23.21 .png
Screen shot 2012-03-04 at 21.23.21 .png (32.22 KiB) Viewed 73669 times
If this answered your question please go to your first post use the Edit button and add [Solved] to the start of the title. You can select the green checkmark icon at the same time.
Mr. Programmer
AOO 4.1.7 Build 9800, MacOS 13.6.3, iMac Intel.   The locale for any menus or Calc formulas in my posts is English (USA).
Zarnium

Post by Zarnium »

MrProgrammer wrote:Hi, and welcome to the forum.

There are several very recent questions about that same issue in this forum. You could have gotten your answer right away if you had looked a little or if you had searched (Searth this forum …) for "restore" and "windows".
Screen shot 2012-03-04 at 21.23.21 .png
Like I said, I've tried all the suggestions I've seen before, hence the need to ask more questions. But I'll take a look at your links.
lgusaas
Volunteer

Post by lgusaas »

Zarnium wrote:Like I said, I've tried all the suggestions I've seen before, hence the need to ask more questions. But I'll take a look at your links.
Did you delete the file "org.openoffice.script.savedState". It is located this folder:
/Users/<user name>/Library/Saved Application State

That is the solution for your problem.
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
Zarnium

Re: OpenOffice.org stuck on "Restore Windows"

Post by Zarnium »

Well, before I could try anything else, I opened OpenOffice and it started without any problems. I swear it was still broken the last time I tried anything. I guess it's solved for now, thanks much!
amalek

Re: [Solved] OpenOffice.org stuck on "Restore Windows"

Post by amalek »

Hi, I am having the same problem but I cannot find '/Users/' or a library folder or anything. I have a MacBook Pro 10.7.3 and the finder does not give me the same Finder options as older versions I have used. Can you help me figure out how to fix the Restore message? Thanks
OOo 3.3.0
Mac OSX v10.7.3
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] OpenOffice.org stuck on "Restore Windows"

Post by lgusaas »

amalek wrote:Hi, I am having the same problem but I cannot find '/Users/' or a library folder or anything. I have a MacBook Pro 10.7.3 and the finder does not give me the same Finder options as older versions I have used. Can you help me figure out how to fix the Restore message? Thanks
See http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 14#p226217
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
anageorgiana

Open Office error ”reopen windows”

Post by anageorgiana »

Hi,
I have the latest version of OO (4.0.1), I restart may mac, I quit OO and then I reopen it, but this message it still apears. ”The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again? «don't reopen», «Reopen»”
I tried to find that Saved Application State folder, but I don't have any more Mavericks on my mac. I updeted my mac to Yoseminte(10.10.1).
Any advise, please?
OpenOffice 4.0.1
MacBook Pro - Yosemite 10.10.1
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: Open Office error ”reopen windows”

Post by lgusaas »

anageorgiana wrote:Hi,
I have the latest version of OO (4.0.1),
The latest version of AOO is 4.1.1. You should upgrade
I restart may mac, I quit OO and then I reopen it, but this message it still apears. ”The last time you opened OpenOffice, it unexpectedly quit while reopening windows. Do you want to try to reopen its windows again? «don't reopen», «Reopen»”
You need to delete the file "org.openoffice.script.savedState"
I tried to find that Saved Application State folder, but I don't have any more Mavericks on my mac. I updeted my mac to Yoseminte(10.10.1).
You find the Saved Application State folder in Yosemite the same was you did in Mavericks. Instructions were given earlier in this thread.

If you failed to comprehend them see this post viewtopic.php?f=17&t=55755&start=30#p332472
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada