[Solved] Oo2.4 command time out

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
Ota

[Solved] Oo2.4 command time out

Post by Ota »

I used to use Oo2.2 with no problems whatsoever. I upgraded to 2.4 and now when I double click on the Oo icon in applications, X11 starts and several seconds later Oo bounces in the dock and I get the message "command timed out". I don't get a cursor anymore, I get the "BMW" thing. I am running Leopard 10.5.2 and I'm a beginner Mac user.
Thank you for any help.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: Oo2.4 command time out

Post by lgusaas »

Ota wrote:I used to use Oo2.2 with no problems whatsoever. I upgraded to 2.4 and now when I double click on the Oo icon in applications, X11 starts and several seconds later Oo bounces in the dock and I get the message "command timed out". I don't get a cursor anymore, I get the "BMW" thing. I am running Leopard 10.5.2 and I'm a beginner Mac user.
Thank you for any help.
Try opening X11 before opening OO.o. Also check to see that you have the latest version of X11. There have been many reports of problems with X11 on Leopard (I haven't upgraded yet).
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
Ota

[solved] thanks Larry!Re: Oo2.4 command time out

Post by Ota »

starting X11 works for eliminating the "command timed out" message - thanks! I have a cursor now and it also seems to solve the force quit problem (I didn't mention it but I saw that others did). I'll keep using it and hope things go smoothly. Thank you for such a quick reply, Larry!