Clipboard problems on Mac OO 2.3.0

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
confuseling

Clipboard problems on Mac OO 2.3.0

Post by confuseling »

Hello all. I realise that this is largely a moot point, as the native port is in progress, but having updated from 2.1 to 2.3 I seem to be experiencing quite a few problems with the clipboard. It was never perfect, but seems buggier now. It works to copy and past internally, but copying from, say, safari, is highly unreliable - sometimes i have to hit paste several times (even with plain text), and the first few nothing will happen, then magically it works. Sometimes I have to quit OO and run it again before it'll paste anything - and it's not just a question of using paste special, both pastes are greyed out.

I'm not having a major gripe if indeed this is a bug - I think OO is amazing (once you've got past the rather terse instructions :D). I'm just curious as to whether this meets anyone else's experience, whether perhaps it has something to do with a borked installation (I didn't uninstall the old OO, just pulled this one out of the disk image and deleted the old 'file' - which if I'm not mistaken is actually a self contained folder with the whole thing in. Maybe where I went wrong, but it seems to work ;)), and if there are specific config files or such that might help if i deleted them, or if there is a more correct uninstallation process - I am, as you can probably tell, rather new to Macs.

I'm on 2.3.0
on a PPC Mac with OSX 10.4.11

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks, Mike.
smsm1

Re: Clipboard problems on Mac OO 2.3.0

Post by smsm1 »

Try the latest aqua build. It is very stable and doesn't have clipboard problems like the x11 version.
confuseling

Post by confuseling »

Thanks for the suggestion. I should be back on my PC soon, with which I am much more familiar, so I doubt I'll attempt a beta.

Just so I know, did I do the right thing to delete the old version? Are there more subtle ways of uninstalling something emulating on a Mac? I'm not asking for a hand-held tutorial, but if you could point me to a useful site I would be much obliged - googling 'uninstall openoffice mac' just brings up old documents that don't seem relevant to this version of X11 to me (though I could be mistaken).

Cheers, Mike.
typonaut

Post by typonaut »

When I have clipboard problems with OpenOffice it's usually that what I've copied in OO won't paste into an Aqua application. I find that rather than using ctrl-c to copy I use cmd-c it usually works. This is a bit counter-intuitive, but that's how it goes. Of course cmd-v doesn't work at all in OO, so you have to use ctrl-v.