[Solved] Will OpenOffice 3.1 work on Mac OS Snow Leopard?

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
openofficerocks13

[Solved] Will OpenOffice 3.1 work on Mac OS Snow Leopard?

Post by openofficerocks13 »

i know 3.0 will work in leopard but what about 3.1 in snow leopard ?
Has anybody tried yet.
Thanks in advanced!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Sep 04, 2009 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
open office 3.0
squenson
Volunteer

Re: Will open office 3.1 work on the new mac os snow leopard

Post by squenson »

Welcome to this forum, openofficerocks13!

What an excellent opportunity for you to contribute to the Open Software movement: as soon as you have the new OS release, download OOo 3.1 (and eventually OOo 2.4.2), do the test and report the results in this forum. It should not take you more than an hour to do so and you will help dozens if not hundreds of people with your comments. Good luck!
LibreOffice 4.2.3.3. on Ubuntu 14.04
praomys

Re: Will OpenOffice 3.1 work on the new Mac OS Snow Leopard

Post by praomys »

I just successfully installed OpenOffice 3.1.1 on Snow Leopard 10.6. No problems. NeoOffice 3.0, however, is not working. The installer runs without issue, but when the application tries to launch, it bounces on the doc the quits unexpectedly.
OpenOffice v. 3.1.1 on Mac OS X Snow Leopard v 10.6
kabing
Volunteer

Post by kabing »

praomys wrote:]NeoOffice 3.0, however, is not working. The installer runs without issue, but when the application tries to launch, it bounces on the doc the quits unexpectedly.
If you haven't done so already, please report this at the NeoOffice forums. NeoOffice 3.0 was working on developer seeds of 10.6, but the development team anticipated problems with the final release of 10.6.

NeoOffice 3.0.1 will include Snow Leopard support, and will be available to those who donate $25 or more to the project on September 15 through the NeoOffice 3.0.1 Early Access Program. It will be available for free beginning October 27.

kabing
NeoOffice (app store version) OpenOffice.org 4.1 and LibreOffice 4.3 on Mac OS X El Capitan
OpenOffice.org 4.1.2 on Windows 10 (Previously on Vista)
exegete77
Volunteer

Post by exegete77 »

I have 3.1.1 and NeoOffice 3.0 and both work well on Snow Leopard.
Mac OS X 10.7.3 Lion
LibreOffice 3.5 / Symphony 3
Scrivener 2.2 / Tinderbox 5.10
MjrPayne

Post by MjrPayne »

I have and OpenOffice 3.1 and it work ok with Snow Leopard except I have problem with iDisk. OpenOffice freezes when trying to save new file to iDisk folder. Also I noticed that couple files opened, changed and then saved back to iDisk was corrupted and couldn't opened again.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Mac OS X 10.6
mjw

Re: [Solved] Will OpenOffice 3.1 work on Mac OS Snow Leopard?

Post by mjw »

I have had problems with 3.1 after installing Snow Leopard, with files created in MS Word - they come up with the text invisible (as though it's white, but changing the text colour doesn't help - by highlighting I can tell that the paragraphs are where they should be).

I upgraded to 3.1.1 but that did not solve the problem...

UPDATE: I found out the problem, it was nothing to do with Open Office, but rather the way Snow Leopard handles fonts. I went into the Font Book and found that a number of common fonts are now listed both in the "User" and "Computer" collections. I deleted the duplicate ones from "User" and now all works perfectly.
openofficerocks13

Post by openofficerocks13 »

Thanks for all of your replies :)
open office 3.0
hlaue

Post by hlaue »

I too had trouble opening an MS Excel spreadsheet with Open Office 3.1.1 after installing Snow Leopard. No content was displayed in the spreadsheet. All cells were blank. After deleting duplicate fonts from the User collection in the Font Book, things worked as before the installation of Snow Leopard. Never in a million years would it have occurred to me to delete these fonts. I don't understand the purpose of these different font collections in the Font Book.
OpenOffice 3.1.1 on Macintosh OSX 10.6