Quick Look Not Working - 3.0, Leopard

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
JStanley

Quick Look Not Working - 3.0, Leopard

Post by JStanley »

Hello all,

I'm really happy with the new, non-X11 version of Ooo - it's such a pleasure to use on the Mac.

But --- Quick Look only shows an icon. After poking around a bit on another forum, I ran qlmanager from a terminal to get a look at the different rendering engines, and the relevant line is (I think):

org.oasis-open.opendocument.text -> /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickLook.framework/Resources/Generators/Text.qlgenerator

I had NeoOffice installed at one time, but removed it. I don't see any other lines in the qlmanager listing that would make a difference.

Any advice?

Thanks

Jim Stanley
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard + Windows XP, Kubuntu 8.10
lgusaas
Volunteer

Re: Quick Look Not Working - 3.0, Leopard

Post by lgusaas »

JStanley wrote: But --- Quick Look only shows an icon. After poking around a bit on another forum, I ran qlmanager from a terminal to get a look at the different rendering engines, and the relevant line is (I think):

org.oasis-open.opendocument.text -> /System/Library/Frameworks/QuickLook.framework/Resources/Generators/Text.qlgenerator

I had NeoOffice installed at one time, but removed it. I don't see any other lines in the qlmanager listing that would make a difference.

Sorry I do not have any specific advice. Quick Look is working for me. I only upgraded to Leopard a few months ago. At first Quick Look worked for OO.o, then it quit, then it started working again.

Make sure you have the latest updates to Leopard. There do not seem to be anyone on this forum with a real intricate knowledge of Macs. You could ask on the official Apple forums, or send an email to mac@porting.openoffice.org. That will reach the Mac porting team of OO.o — you may have to subscribe to the list for it to go through. mac-subscribe@porting.openoffice.org
Larry I. Gusaas
Moose Jaw, SK Canada
"An artist is never ahead of his time but most people are far behind theirs." Edgard Varese
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.14 — MacBook Air (M1)—macOS Ver.13.5 Ventura
kbuchheim

Post by kbuchheim »

I had the similar problem and found help on the following site:

http://eric.bachard.free.fr/news/2008/0 ... opard.html

I did what he described and installed the PlugIn he is mentioning on his site now Quick Look works for me.
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard + Windows XP
electronker

Post by electronker »

Is QuickLook supposed to work with OOo 3.0 files (after installing OOo 3.0)? My Quicklook works well on OpenOffice 3.0 Writer files, but not at all with Calc or Impress files. Is OpenOffice 3.0 supposed to contain QuickLook extensions for all file types? I can't find this documented anywhere.

Cheers -
OOo 3.0.X on Mac OSx Leopard