[Solved] Error of OO3 RC1 on Ubuntu

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
bluelava

[Solved] Error of OO3 RC1 on Ubuntu

Post by bluelava »

Hi,

I has just removed my OO3 Beta2 and installed the RC1, and encounter some problem with using the *.deb files. Some warnings popped up and finally I use dpkg -i --force-all *.deb to install it and make it run.

But the new OO3 is un-usable. It crashed even when I just created a new documents file. The errors look like the following text:

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'com::sun::star::uno::RuntimeException'

P.S. I am using ubuntu 8.04 on my laptop. The Beta 2 works fine and would like to try the RC1.

Thanks.
Last edited by bluelava on Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.0.X on Ubuntu 8.x + Ubuntu
Hagar Delest

Re: Error of OO3 RC1 on Ubuntu

Post by Hagar Delest »

I've removed the Beta 2 and installed the RC1 fine this week end on my xubuntu Hardy box, no error message IIRC. Do you remember the error messages?
Have you used the tarball with .debs from the mirrors?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
bluelava

Re: Error of OO3 RC1 on Ubuntu

Post by bluelava »

Hi,

Oh, yes, Now it is working. I just forgot to remove the user configuration directory of OO3 in my home. (~/.openoffice3 and ~/.openoffice/3/). After deleting them, OO3 RC1 work well.

P.S. I used the official site of OO to download the debs file.
OOo 3.0.X on Ubuntu 8.x + Ubuntu
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] Error of OO3 RC1 on Ubuntu

Post by Hagar Delest »

Thanks for the follow up. Strange, I had kept the user profile in my home and no problem at all.
:?:
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
jwal

Re: [Solved] Error of OO3 RC1 on Ubuntu

Post by jwal »

Thanks for this note, I had the exact same problem, Math and Draw would open but never Writer, Presentation and Calc. I would get multiple crashes, often a second crash on recovering from the first.

So I followed your suggestion, deleting config and restarting. OO would ask me the intro questions again and if I ticked "transfer settings" I got the same problem. Leaving it unticked, voila it works.
OOo 2.4.X on Ubuntu 8.x