[Solved] Problems with bullets

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
neuromancer

[Solved] Problems with bullets

Post by neuromancer »

I only see the following problem on OO (all versions up to and including 2.4) for Linux:

I am using the OO that comes with Kubuntu. I have created a ODT document with bulleted items within tables. I saved this document as MS Word XP/'97 format. When I load the MS Word document in OO, the bullets show up as rectangle outlines.

If I view the same MS Word document in OO 2.4 on a MS Windows Vista computer, the bullets look fine. Therefore, this seems like a bug with the linux version of OO.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as solved.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Problems with bullets

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Much more likely to be missing fonts than a bug.
Idiot Compassion
LibreOffice 6.0.4 on Windows 10
neuromancer

Re: Problems with bullets

Post by neuromancer »

Good point. However, the bullets show up properly in the open document format. It is only when I convert the file to MS Word '97 that the bullets don't show up properly. Also, I have MS TT Core fonts loaded on Kubuntu. Its possible the core fonts debian package may be missing a font...I will look into it.

** Update **
You are correct. The Wingding fonts were missing. I copied the Wingding fonts from a Vista laptop to the '/home/<username>/.fonts' directory on my Kubuntu desktop and the problem was solved.