[Solved] LibreOffice 3.3b3: it compiled , but dont install

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
wl59

[Solved] LibreOffice 3.3b3: it compiled , but dont install

Post by wl59 »

I have the following problem with libreoffice 3.3b3:

It compiled, and reached the congratulations of a sucessful building at the end.

But the installation don't work. No matter if I start it using bin/ooinstall or make install , it came an error message like below, w.r.t. convert text to number, and lightproof. When I recompile with --without-lightproof and --without-numbertext , then the first message disappears, the second continues. The building itself seems to be correct, all presumed files are present (and compiled).

How to get this installed ???

At this oportunity, I want to suggest, that urgently the building program should provide (at the beginning) to each part of the program what has its own .tar.bz2 file, also its own makefile. So that each module can be compiled for itself. To can compile / recompile only the whole program, is very time consuming

Code: Select all

Reading setup from bin/setup
Running OOo installer
Subroutine installer::epmfile::getcwd redefined at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/Exporter.pm line 65.
 at /usr/lib/perl5/5.8.8/i486-linux-thread-multi/POSIX.pm line 19
... checking environment variables ...

########################################################
make_installer.pl, version 1.0
Product list file: openoffice.lst
Taking setup script from solver
Unpackpath: /LibO-330/libreoffice-3.2.99.3/build/libreoffice-3.2.99.3/instsetoo_native/util
Compiler: unxlngi6
Product: LibreOffice
BuildID: 1
Build: OOO330
No minor set
Product version
Installpath: /LibO-330/libreoffice-3.2.99.3/build/libreoffice-3.2.99.3/extra
Package format: native
Not calling epm
No file stripping
Unzip ARCHIVE files
services.rdb can be created
Languages:
	en-US
########################################################
... checking required files ...
...... searching zip ...
	Found: /usr/bin/zip
... analyzing openoffice.lst ... 
rmdir: failed to remove `/LibO-330/libreoffice-3.2.99.3/build/libreoffice-3.2.99.3/instsetoo_native/util/LibreOffice//logging/': Directory not empty

ERROR: ERROR: Missing files
in function: remove_Files_Without_Sourcedirectory

ERROR: Saved logfile: /LibO-330/libreoffice-3.2.99.3/build/libreoffice-3.2.99.3/instsetoo_native/util/LibreOffice//logging/en-US/log_OOO330_en-US.log
... reading include pathes ...
... analyzing script: /LibO-330/libreoffice-3.2.99.3/build/libreoffice-3.2.99.3/solver/330/unxlngi6.pro/bin/setup_osl.ins ... 
... analyzing directories ... 
... analyzing files ... 
... analyzing scpactions ... 
... analyzing shortcuts ... 
... analyzing unix links ... 
... analyzing profile ... 
... analyzing profileitems ... 
... analyzing modules ... 
------------------------------------
... languages en-US ... 
... analyzing files ...
ERROR: The following files could not be found: 
ERROR: File not found: ConvertTextToNumber-1.3.2.oxt
... cleaning the output tree ...
... removing directory /tmp/ooopackaging/i_293861289890434 ...
Tue Nov 16 03:53:58 2010 (00:04 min.)
Failed to install:  at solenv/bin/ooinstall line 98.
Failed to ooinstall at bin/ooinstall line 73.

Last edited by Hagar Delest on Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
SYS , with own actualized .tgz packages of OpenOffice until 3.2 , now libreoffice 3.3 ...
ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/linux/install/sys/
Hagar Delest

Re: libreoffice 3.3b3 : it compiled , but dont install

Post by Hagar Delest »

Do you really need to build LibO from source? We are just users here and very few do that so I think you'll have better luck on the LibO mailing list. For suggestions, use their bug report system also.

LibO may have integrated some add-ons like ConvertTextToNumber extension without enough checking that. It's somehow what I feared with the quick integration of many contributions...
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
wl59

Re: libreoffice 3.3b3 : it compiled , but dont install

Post by wl59 »

Es geht jetzt. Die genannte extension hiess nicht numbertext, ich musste --with-ct2n bei ./configure weglassen.

Es hat jetzt mit make install normal installiert :D

Funktioniert auch normal, siehe screenshot ! :D :D

Ich mache nun noch ein .tgz Paket fuer die slackware -artigen Distros, spaeter downloadbar unter dem link in meiner Fussnote.

Damit waere jetzt meine Linux SYS distro von langem Gebrauch von openoffice nach libreoffice umgestellt :D
Attachments
libO.jpg
SYS , with own actualized .tgz packages of OpenOffice until 3.2 , now libreoffice 3.3 ...
Hagar Delest

Re: [Solved] LibreOffice 3.3b3: it compiled , but dont insta

Post by Hagar Delest »

Great. Thanks to write in English so that others can understand...
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Purely out of curiosity, how long did the compile take (roughly)?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

And with what kind of hardware?
wl59

Post by wl59 »

The compilation take longer than one day. more details about my computer: sys-linux.yi.org/info.php . To compile and package the kernel, takes 1,5 hours, so that compile libreoffice takes about 10x more . It seems that the most time, take to compile the extensions, and the programs which libreoffice depends on.

I have some little secondary problems during installation, f.ex. inkscape on my computer don't run like earlier because I use very updated (inofficial) versions of gtk2+ , gtkmm , so that some files of the arts gallery are not producing correctly, what have nothing directly to do with libreoffice, and what I try to repair anyhow before I make the .tgz packages.

I also will think about, if and how to divide the packages.

To my opinion, one should reduce the dependence from other programs so much as possible. And one should organize the building scripts in a manner, that it will be possible to compile and install libreoffice module-whise, so that on problems one can resolve this independently on the provision of the other modules.

in time: effectively, I compiled it with the following options:

./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var --infodir=/usr/info --mandir=/usr/man \
--enable-binfilter --enable-cairo --enable-extensions --enable-graphite --enable-tests \
--with-languagetool --without-numbertext --without-lightproof --disable-kde4 --with-nlpsolver --with-oooblogger --with-numbertext --without-junit --with-ant-home=/usr/share/apache-ant \
--with-openclipart=0.13 --with-srcdir=/downloads/Programs --without-git --with-typo --with-watch-window --with-diagram --with-validator --with-barcode \
--build=i486-slackware-linux # \

... because, as said above, some extensions don't work (at least not on my installation). For the target build=... you have to put the kind of distros to which you want to have working / compatible your compilation / packages.

Addition: This night, I get it installed, and it's running very nice on my computer, all parts and also the quickstart program. I made a .tgz package, what should be compatible with Slackware etc, and it's currently uploaded to the mirror, ftp://ftp5.gwdg.de/pub/linux/install/sys , so I hope later it's available for downloads.