[Solved] (Partially) Autocorrect Missing with Fedora package

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
kmg90

[Solved] (Partially) Autocorrect Missing with Fedora package

Post by kmg90 »

Alright I've used OO since 2.0 and now that I have 3.1 on my Fedora 11 64-bit box I can't find autocorrect in the context menu or spellcheck dialog I've looked everywhere on the internet for solution I can't find it this is a major feature that I use and I would like to know how to get it back!
Last edited by kmg90 on Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1.0 / Fedora 11 (64-bit)
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Re: Autocorrect Missing

Post by jrkrideau »

kmg90 wrote:Alright I've used OO since 2.0 and now that I have 3.1 on my Fedora 11 64-bit box I can't find autocorrect in the context menu or spellcheck dialog I've looked everywhere on the internet for solution I can't find it this is a major feature that I use and I would like to know how to get it back!

It "Use Replacement Table" checked under the Options Tab?
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
acknak

Re: Autocorrect Missing

Post by acknak »

There are a few features included in the OO.org code base that Fedora has decided it can't/won't distribute, including some of the autocorrect features. There is no Tools > AutoCorrect Options > Replace tab in the Fedora builds--it is specifically patched out; removed.

If you want that feature, you have to uninstall all of the Fedora OOo packages, and download and install the OO.org release instead. Hopefully there are x86_64 binaries suitable for Fedora available.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
kmg90

Re: Autocorrect Missing with Fedora package

Post by kmg90 »

Thank you very much for the information

I was looking all over openoffice for about an hour and then decided
I can't find what I'm looking for and no one seems to have the same "problem" as me so I guess I post on the forums!

Now I wish I would of done it sooner save so time!

I changed the topic status to partially solved just incase I run into problems trying to install the official release of OpenOffice

If their is one thing I hate about (Some) Linux is that they can't just release the orginal versions of software they haveto modify it to their own little ways atleast now I know that openoffice is another thing I can't trust the Fedora Packages with
OpenOffice 3.1.0 / Fedora 11 (64-bit)