[Solved] Setting up headless openoffice 3 without X?

Issues with installing under all GNU/Linux Distributions
MartijnRas

[Solved] Setting up headless openoffice 3 without X?

Post by MartijnRas »

Heya Folks,

I need to set up openoffice 3 in headless mode on a remote box without X, on which it is also never going to be possible to install X of xvfb.

I can start the application with the following parameters:

/opt/openoffice.org3/program/soffice -headless -accept="socket,host=127.0.0.1,port=8100;urp;" -nofirststartwizard

I can setup a telnet connection:

$ telnet localhost 8100
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
... com.sun.star.bridge.XProtocolPropertiesUrpProtocolProperties ... # ... (non printable characters removed)

But can not connect any other way, i'm assuming this has to do with the getting stuck in the registration phase, I tried the registry tweaks in Setup.xcu and Common.xcu as well as the DisableFirstStartWizard.oxt approach to no avail.

Are there any other ways of getting passed the registration phase through the command line?

Mazzel,

Martijn.
Last edited by Villeroy on Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved]
OOo 3.1.X on Fedora other
ccornell
Volunteer

Re: Setting up headless openoffice 3 without X?

Post by ccornell »

Make sure you're using the "right" oxt file for deactivating the Registration Wizard:
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... ion_Wizard
They are version specific, and the one for 3.1.0 is coming, but not yet available (the developers are supposed to provide it soon... I hope).
openSUSE 11.4, KDE4.6 with OpenOffice.org 3.3
hol.sten
Volunteer

Post by hol.sten »

MartijnRas wrote:I need to set up openoffice 3 in headless mode on a remote box without X, on which it is also never going to be possible to install X of xvfb.
Try this, although that post covers OOo 2.3, it might work with OOo 3.x, too: Use OOo 2.3 really headless: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 7986#p7986
OOo 3.2.0 on Ubuntu 10.04 • OOo 3.2.1 on Windows 7 64-bit and MS Windows XP
MartijnRas

Post by MartijnRas »

Heya Folks,

I successfully used the latest script to deactivate the registration wizard in OpenOffice 3.1, everything now works as expected.

Mazzel,

Martijn.