Openoffice with SAP BEX

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
mafarodrigues

Openoffice with SAP BEX

Post by mafarodrigues »

Hi,

I need some help, i want to replace MS Office with openoffice, buut i use SAP BEX analyser (BW) as a plugi-in in excel, how can i used or instal in openoffice calc ?

Thanks,
Miguel
OOo 2.4.X on Mac OSx Leopard
Phil
Volunteer

Re: Openoffice with SAP BEX

Post by Phil »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

There is no interface for Excel plug-ins in OpenOffice, as those have a proprietary format.

OpenOffice offers the possibility to use extensions, so you would have to check with SAP if they plan to port the BEx Analyzer to an OpenOffice extension.

Regards, phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
dancer

Post by dancer »

With respect to OpenOffice.org and ODF support within different SAP products you might want to read the following blog entry and use the blog entry's comment feature for providing direct input:

OpenOffice.org / ODF Support in SAP Software Best regards,
Erwin
OOo 3.0.X on openSuse 11 + Mac OS X
Phil
Volunteer

Post by Phil »

Thanks, dancer, for pointing to this blog entry!

Wasn't aware that Erwin Tenhumberg is now with SAP.
Anyway, it's nice to see that SAP is getting very active concerning the integration of ODF.

Regards, phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP