AOO v3.4.1 is broken w/ JRE v7u7

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
raygun

AOO v3.4.1 is broken w/ JRE v7u7

Post by raygun »

There's an extension that I'm interested in using. The specific and particular extension is immaterial if not outright irrelevent.

Recently because of the http://www.h-online.com/security/news/i ... 85681.html Java security hole I upgraged to JRE 7u7; u7 purportedly by Oracle fixes ALL the prollems existing in ALL previous versions of Java (released by Oracle on the same day as AOO released v3.4.1).

The issue at hand is a cross platform exploit, i.e., Win, Mac & Penguin.

Reverting to JRE 6.xxx is a non-starter; it essentially means I drop AOO & Java simultaneously.

What I've done:

un-installed OO 3.2.1 and ran CCleaner.
removed JRE (all versions) and verified such removal viz a vie MS Software Removal Tool
ran CCleaner
removed all vestige folders
re-reran CCLeaner
uninstalled JDK 6 u20
uninstalled Java DB 10.x.xxx
re-ran CCleaner

installed JRE 7u7 to default location

checked / verified JRE installalation by running JDisk Report v1_3_2 (requires JRE of some minimum level; happy as a pea in a pod w/JRE 7 u7)
checked on-line JRE verifier tools (no prollems found)

installed AOO 3.4.1 and made sure that the JRE in AOO 3.4.1 pointed to the proper location of the sole JRE installed

ALL sub-fnctions of AA0 v3.4.1, e.g. Writer, Calc, etc, appear to function flawlessly. None of the wizards work - each invokation intimates thatt JRE is corrupt - and NO extensions can be installed.
OpenOffice v3.4.1 _ Windows Server 2003 R2 _ JRE 7u7
raygun

Re: AOO v3.4.1 is broken w/ JRE v7u7

Post by raygun »

OpenOffice v3.4.1 _ Windows Server 2003 R2 _ JRE 7u7