[Solved] Doc thumbnails

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Crotchety

[Solved] Doc thumbnails

Post by Crotchety »

I just read this explanation and workaround of the issue of there being no thumbnails for MS format docs:
However, if anybody is unhappy with this change, creating previews can still be enabled/disabled via configuration. In "Office.Common/Filter/Microsoft/Export" following three attributes determine if preview creation is enabled: "EnablePowerPointPreview", "EnableCalcPreview" and "EnableWordPreview".
but I can't find this path. Where is it?

Thanks,
Crotchety
Last edited by Crotchety on Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: Doc thumbnails

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

It's indeed crystal clear... for geeks developers I guess :roll:

I've made a search on my system and found that file with the EnablePowerPointPreview tag:
C:\Program Files\OpenOffice.org 3\Basis\share\registry\main.xcd

Try to change the other tags to true and that should be fine (not tested). Use a mere text editor for that.
main.xcd.png
main.xcd.png (9.89 KiB) Viewed 6145 times
Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Crotchety

Post by Crotchety »

Thanks again, Hagar, you are one patient and helpful fellow! I found the tags in question but I can't get the edited file to re-save in that folder (permissions, even though I'm an Admin!) so I'll sort that out later. But at least I know.

Cheers,
C
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Crotchety wrote:Thanks again, Hagar, you are one patient and helpful fellow! I found the tags in question but I can't get the edited file to re-save in that folder (permissions, even though I'm an Admin!) so I'll sort that out later. But at least I know.

Cheers,
C
Just right-click the text editor shortcut and select "Run as administrator". You should then be able to open, edit and save the file. If you don't run the text administrator "as administrator", you only have user privileges when you try to save the file, and users don't have write permission for that file.
Crotchety

Re: [Solved] Doc thumbnails

Post by Crotchety »

Oh, hi again, Bill. Are you and Hagar the only guys doing any work round here? Thanks for the prompt, I'll try that next time. Cheers, Crotchety