[Solved] Error 1310 soffice.odg/error 1304 soffice.odp

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
gmnelson

[Solved] Error 1310 soffice.odg/error 1304 soffice.odp

Post by gmnelson »

when trying to install OOo 3.3 get error 1310 error writing file c:\programdata\microsoft\windows\templates\soffice.odg verify that you have access to that directory...retry just repeats the error, ignore then goes to an error 1304 error writing file c:\programdata\microsoft\windows\templates\soffice.odp...retry of this repeats error while cancel rolls back entire installation. in windows explorer templates folder is marked as a pointer/shortcut but when i try to open i get a system error
cannot obtain access...the system cannot resolve the file name
. if i try to use a command line dir command templates shows as a <junction> pointing to itself. if i try to open that level with a cd command or delete using del i get
the system cannot resolve the file name
but if i try to create the directory with md i get
file or subdirectory already exists
how can i fix this problem. i had the same problem trying to install full version of OOo 3.2.1 that i never did get fixed, i have been using the portableapps.com portable version 3.2.0. :knock:
Last edited by gmnelson on Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
windows vista home basic 32 bit w/sp2
OOo portable 3.2
OOo 3.3
Hagar Delest

Re: error 1310 soffice.odg/error 1304 soffice.odp

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

See that query about error 1310
or that one about error 1304.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
gmnelson

Re: solved-Error 1310 soffice.odg/error 1304 soffice.odp

Post by gmnelson »

after changing permission to control total at c:\programdata level using right click:properties:security:edit, then changing name of <junction> c:\programdata\microsoft\windows\templates using right click:change name i created folder c:\programdata\microsoft\windows\templates.
i then ran the installer as administrator and it finally ran all the way thru.

THANKS
windows vista home basic 32 bit w/sp2
OOo portable 3.2
OOo 3.3
jape

Re: [Solved] Error 1310 soffice.odg/error 1304 soffice.odp

Post by jape »

[solved] Error 1310 Followed description acc. member gmnelson, but did not change name of junction. I simply deleted the Templates map at the c:\programdata level, after I changed permission to control total from admin. to user rights. Then created new map named Templates in the Windows folder, and then installed Openoffice flawlessly.
Windows system is Vista home.
Remark that the folder c:\programdata\microsoft\windows\templates is mostly hidden, so you need to make it visible by
marking the item 'show hidden files/folders' under folder options of windows explorer.
Thanks mr.Nelson for help sofar anyway!
Openoffice 3.3 on Vista