[Solved] "Prop Res DLL not loaded" error message OOo 3.3

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Bucko

[Solved] "Prop Res DLL not loaded" error message OOo 3.3

Post by Bucko »

I've searched, but haven't found anything.

I've been using and preaching OO.o for several years. Recently, my wife gave me a file she couldn't open. I couldn't open it either, the type of file is not relevant - her assistant at work got it to open on her system probably using MS Office (a newer version than mine).

While searching for a solution, I read about an offshoot of OO.o called Go OO, and LibreOffice. I downloaded their latest stable version and tried it, because it looked like it might open more newer, unsupported files. It installed fine, but I got an error, which didn't stop the show, but was irritating. I de-installed all OO.o and variants, and downloaded/installed OO.o version 3.3 . This too gives me the same error when ever I try to open a file, print a file, close a file or whatever. It is:
error.PNG
error.PNG (41.17 KiB) Viewed 8612 times
If I click on it or hit enter, it reappears maybe ten times before it goes away, and proceeds to the command I desired (save, print, etc.). Every Command does this. I've searched, and read the install notes, but so far haven't come up with anything. I've tried changing resolution, thinking it wants that (Res, right?) - no help.

Anybody have any ideas? Where can I get this DLL file, and where does it need to be placed on my system?

Bucko

Windows XP sp3, no changes relevant to XP since start of problem, except newer version of OO.o
Last edited by Bucko on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bucko Vestige
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows XP
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: "Prop Res DLL" error message OOo 3.3

Post by thomasjk »

Here is an old but possibly valid solution http://www.proz.com/forum/office_applic ... _this.html
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Bucko

Re: SOLVED! "Prop Res DLL" error message OOo 3.3

Post by Bucko »

Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks! Thanks!

Thank you, Tom K.

I have a Lexmark 6150 multifunction printer, which had never given me any trouble until now - I guess OOo may have changed a little something, or the other versions did, which gave me the error condition. Of course, the error message is pretty vague itself.

Today you are my hero!

Bucko
Bucko Vestige
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows XP