[Issue] Windows Live Mail 2011 & OOo Writer

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Delgado

[Issue] Windows Live Mail 2011 & OOo Writer

Post by Delgado »

Windows Live Mail on my PC running Win 7 Pro 64-Bit was updated to the latest Windows Live Mail 2011 version about October 19, 2010. Now I get an Error Message when I attempt to Send an "e-mail as document" or "...as PDF" from an open Ooo 3.2.1 Writer document. The error message reads in part "...unable to find a working e-mail configuration..." There was no problem prior to updating the former Windows Live Mail version installation. The default for my e-mail client is set to Windows Live Mail as it previously was set. Anyone else experiencing this?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Issue (link to a bug report).
OOO 3.2.1 & Win 7 Pro 64-Bit
Cambirder
Volunteer

Re: Windows Live Mail 2011 & OpenOffice Writer

Post by Cambirder »

Check the email client setting in OOo.

Tools> Options > Internet > E-mail
OOo 3.3 on Windows 7 & 3.2.1 on Mint 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

As Cambirder says. It sometimes helps to clear a setting, close OpenOffice (including the Quickstarter), reopen OpenOffice, and then set the setting anew.
Last edited by RoryOF on Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

See also that query.

Please add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
mlaw

Re: Windows Live Mail 2011 & OOo Writer

Post by mlaw »

I have this problem on a few computers also. I can duplicate this problem using win7 32bit or winxp. I have one computer that had live mail 2010 and said ok to the live mail 2011 update and now has this problem. I have tried removing and reinstalling both live mail 2011 and open office, reslecting the default email program in microsoft, and always get the same message. I can create the same problem with a new install of xp pro, live mail 2011, and open office. I do not have email client settings in OOo. Tools> Options > Internet > E-mail on any computer. This only happens when trying to send the email from inside the open office program( from the taskbar), we can send it as an attchement. Any other ideas, other than to go back to live mail 2010?
windows7 ooo320m18 build9502
johnmel

Post by johnmel »

I have exactly the same problem as mlaw and also I dont have Tools> Options > Internet > E-mail on my version
Any help would be appreciated
open office3.2,windows7
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

Have you checked the other threads? Is WLM the mail client set at OS level?
ajax13

Post by ajax13 »

I have an idenical problem - WLM is default mail programme within WLM itself and via control panel. No mail option underneath internet in OO options.... what next please? I can attach from creating a mail in WLM... but I am used to using this shortcut all day everyday!! Well a lot anyway... suggestions gratefull received (acted on and reported on!)
OpenOffice 3.2.1 on Windows 7 64 bit
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

You can vote for the enhancement:

Unable to use Windows Live Mail 2011 to send e-mail
annlang

Re: [Issue] Windows Live Mail 2011 & OOo Writer

Post by annlang »

how do I cast this vote?
Ope Office 3.3.0 on Windows 7 home premium
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

You've to register bugzilla. This forum is not part of the official OOo site (it's managed by users like you), hence a different database. You can cast 2 votes per bug.
annlang

Post by annlang »

I had the same problem, which occurred only after my Windows Live program was changed from 2010 version to 2011. Go to this page:
http://www.scscc.com/bkk/Move%20Back%20 ... 202010.pdf
follow the instructions (easy - I am not a techie) for uninstalling Windows Live Mail 2011 and reinstalling Windows Live Mail 2010. I just did this, got my old 2010 version back and problem solved. I can once again send OpenOffice attachment by email as a pdf file or as a microsoft doc or xls
Ope Office 3.3.0 on Windows 7 home premium
Garawa

Post by Garawa »

After just purchasing a new laptop and doing all the updates, I will assume that this is a bug that still has not been fixed???? I'll be blowed if I am going to find old versions of software to get it working. Lets just hope my 7 year old desktop (which did all my work beforehand) holds out otherwise I will have to buy MS Office just to carry on. And the bloke in the shop said I wouldn't want to use my old PC ever again!!! Yeah right!!!!
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

It seems that Windows Live mail does not work as a standard system mail client, but is only usable by Microsoft products. Another reason to steer clear of hotmail (which now seems to only accept clients in the "Microsoft Live" family).

AFAIK, if you have access to MS Outlook (standalone or bundled in a MS Office suite) you can set that up as a Live client, and it will provide a system mail service for other applications to use. No way that I know of to avoid the MS Office family of applications if you need to go through hotmail.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
adam_smith

Post by adam_smith »

Hadthis problem on a few computers also. I can duplicate this problem using win7 32bit or winxp. I have one computer that had live mail 2010 and said ok to the live mail 2011 update and now has this problem. I have tried removing and reinstalling both live mail 2011 and open office, reslecting the default email program in microsoft, and always get the same message. I can create the same problem with a new install of xp pro, live mail 2011, and open office. I do not have email client settings in OOo. Tools> Options > Internet > E-mail on any computer. This only happens when trying to send the email from inside the open office program( from the taskbar), we can send it as an attchement. Any other ideas, other than to go back to live mail 2010?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

No fix that I know of.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

adam_smith wrote:Any other ideas, other than to go back to live mail 2010?
No one has reported any other fix. If you find one, let us know.
HavecomDanmark

Post by HavecomDanmark »

None of the above mentioned solutions worked for me. I am running Windows Live Mail as mail client. When WLM is closed, and I click the button to send the current document by mail, OOo opens WLM, but does not create a new message, and comes with the error about "no email configuration" or whatever it's called in English (I am running the Danish version).
WLM is my default mail client in Windows (Default Programs).

I've seen something about "Tools > Options > Internet > Email" on some forum, but I have no function "Email" under "Internet". Neither I have that on my old computer, which is running Vista x86 with Windows Mail as client, but that is working fine.

Something tells me, that either WLM does not accept OOo or OOo does not have the capabilities to run WLM as "new email".

Please help!

Albert van Harten
Win7, 64-bit
OOo 3.3
abisdad

Post by abisdad »

Hi,

I've just had this issue with my mum's Win 7 machine. She's using a cannon scanner, and was working fine until a couple of days ago when it forgot what the default e-mail program was.

We can now get the 1-click scanner to open windown live mail, but not a nwe message. Did try adding:

'"C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Mail\wlmail" /mailurl:%'

which I found here:

http://email.about.com/od/livemaildeskt ... ecrets.htm
then
http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpres ... xpress.htm

Hope that helps...

Rob.
LibreOffice 3.4.4
OOO340m1 (Build:402)

Ubuntu 11.10