[Solved] Trojan in download file version 3.2

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Scoots

[Solved] Trojan in download file version 3.2

Post by Scoots »

Hello,

There is a trojan in the download file of the newest upgrade to open office. I had version 3.2 installed, opened a file and my antivirus-antimalware program caught and quarantined a trojan.

I uninstalled the program and downloaded it again, after I scanned my computer. The trojan is in the set up files, so I cannot unpack and install the program.

Thank You.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 3.2, Win XP Pro SP 3
RoryOF

Re: Trojan in download file version 3.2

Post by RoryOF »

Can you please give full filename and URL?
 Edit: My virus scanner (updated daily) did not catch any virus/trojan in OOo_3.2.0rc5_20100203_Win32Intel_install_wJRE_en-GB.exe from http://www.openoffice.org 
 Edit: Edit 2: What Virus scanner are you using? 
Last edited by RoryOF on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

That would not be the first time anti-virus see false positive in OOo, see that query about trojans.

Have installed without a warning on my W2k system with a corporate security pack (using Symantec applications I think).

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Scoots

Post by Scoots »

This Trojan is now on both of my computers. I have never had a virus in all the years of being on the Internet (about 10), so this is all new to me. My virus scanner is Vipre from Sunbelt-Software and they have been notified. It isn't a false positive, to the best of my knowledge. There was a false positive when Vipre first upgraded recently. I called and they reported they were aware the program was reporting false positives it was being repaired.

I can't open any of my files in open office without getting this Trojan alert. I can't contact Sunbelt today, but will be in touch with them on Monday.

I have opened other files on my computer and nothing else seems to be affected. Please accept my apologies if I have made a mistake.

Thank you.
Scoots
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

See [Solved] Is helplinkermi.dll a trojan?

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Scoots

Post by Scoots »

Sorry, I didn't read everything that was asked. Right now this virus ~ Trojan.Win32.Generic!BT ~ , is located in C:\ProgramFiles\OpenOffice.Org3\URE\bin\salhelper3MSC.dll

I hope this helps.
Scoots
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

This is a false positive, as noted by Sunbelt in
http://supportforums.sunbeltsoftware.co ... nkermi.dll
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS