[Solved] Password protect files

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
jbakely

[Solved] Password protect files

Post by jbakely »

Welcome beginner. What is your question or comment?
Please try to briefly and clearly tell us: What you want, What you tried, and What happened.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I just downloaded version 3.0 From the User's Manual, Itried:
Password protection

To protect an entire document from being viewable without a password, use the option on the Save As dialog to enter a password. This option is only available for files saved in OpenDocument formats or the older OpenOffice.org 1.x formats.

1. On the Save As dialog, select the checkbox beside Save with password, and then click Save. You will receive a prompt.

However, there is no checkbox for "Save with password".

I, unfortunately, check the box to erase version 2.x, so I can't easily do it from there.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OOo 2.4.X on MS Windows Vista
FJCC

Re: Password protect files

Post by FJCC »

I have OOo 3.0 on Windows XP and I do see the Save with password checkbox at the bottom center of the Save As dialog box. Even if I select a non-odf format the option turns gray but is still visible.
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 10 and Linux Mint
If your question is answered, please go to your first post, select the Edit button, and add [Solved] to the beginning of the title.
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
jbakely

Post by jbakely »

Problem solved by last post. Thanks.

Jeff