Impress 3.0 Cannot Save as Powerpoint File

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
Terry Dykstra

Re: Impress 3.0 Cannot Save as Powerpoint File

Post by Terry Dykstra »

In 3.0 I can save the ppt only when I use the 'default' master page. As soon as I try to use a different master page I get the save error.
I never had this problem in 2.4. I've already experimented by change the temp location to a totally different directory, and that didn't help either.
OOo 3.0.X on MS Windows Vista + XP
creekpeople

Post by creekpeople »

I had the same problem. Now I seem to have solved it for me, though I can't really explain why.
Here's what I did:

- Go to Format - Seitenvorlage (must be something like "Master page template" e.g. in English, it's the menu point right above "page layout")
- In the appearing Dialog chose "load" and get the masterpage you wanted to use

It should save in ppt now and keep the Masterpage-Layout when saving in odp. Evidently the normal Dialog for the templates fails to make the right connections...
However I notice that these newly loaded layouts keep disappearing after closing and re-opening.
Anyone who can explain this behaviour?
OOo 3.0.X on Mandriva
doit4ron

Post by doit4ron »

I'm using Windows XP Pro SP3 and Impress 3.0 with same problems of saving ppt with backgrounds. If backgrounds are set as white then the ppt save works.

Is there any solution to this ppt save error yet?
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
javapimp

Post by javapimp »

I too had the same issue. I wanted to confirm that the fix posted by creekpeople on Nov 24 worked for me. Thank you!

Dave.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + Linux
fawzy.ibrahim

Post by fawzy.ibrahim »

I had the same issue on Linux and Win Vista. I want to confirm that the fix posted by creekpeople on Nov 24 worked for me too but I can say that the solution is when you choose View>Master>Slide Master then from Format>Slide Design and load the template you want. While you still in master slide you can save into .ppt. Strange!!!! :o Also; when I save now the background issue was solved also.
Eng. Fawzy Ibrahim
Redhat Linux Certified Engineer
IT Engineer
OOo 3.0.X on Fedora 9 + OpenSuse,Centos
johnpaulm

Post by johnpaulm »

I hadn't thought of trying this, but it worked fine.

Upgrading to version 3 prevented me from being able to save Impress files in .ppt format at all (error message: "Write Error"). Saving in .odp would save without the chosen slide master image (chosen from the right pane, slide master tab)

However, creekpeople's solution of Nov 24 does work. On my system I don't need to use the Slide Master for this to work. I do hope that there's a fix soon though. It takes longer to do it this way.
OOo 3.0.X on MS Windows Vista + XP MCE SP3
leipzisch

Post by leipzisch »

I am having the same issues with OO 3.0. Changing master slides to any colour means I cannot save to PPT format. I have Vista. Any help?
Open Office 3.0 on Windows Vista