Experience with Base OOo 3.0 rc1

Discuss the database features
Robby

Experience with Base OOo 3.0 rc1

Post by Robby »

xxx
Last edited by Robby on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
micha137

Re: Experience with Base OOo 3.0 rc1

Post by micha137 »

I am using RC1 base. Regarding your problem 1: Opening a form does in deed takes surprisingly long. On my machine I have to wait 3-4 seconds till the form opens. I didn't consider this to be a serious problem yet but indeed it made me wonder what the hell is going on in my computer during these seconds. Opening a normal writer document doesn't take so long.
I can't comment on the second point since I haven't used File picker dialogs in Base Forms yet.
Don't be shy to report this as a bug though. My experience is that the people acting as first filter who are in charge of reproducing the bugs are quick in marking reports as not reproducible. I had(and have) serious bugs reported just to lay dormant for weeks until someone finally realized that they have to be taken care of. The quicker you file them, the quicker they'll be resolved eventually.

regards
micha137
OOo 3.0.X on Ubuntu 8.x
Robby

xx

Post by Robby »

xxx
Last edited by Robby on Sun Dec 11, 2011 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
foxcole
Volunteer

Re: Experience with Base OOo 3.0 rc1

Post by foxcole »

micha137 wrote:I had(and have) serious bugs reported just to lay dormant for weeks until someone finally realized that they have to be taken care of.
They may have appeared to "lay dormant" but that's hardly the case. Since any user from anywhere in the world can file a bug report, the problem is more likely sheer volume, and it takes a few volunteers a lot of time to go through the files, make sure issues don't already exist, try to reproduce the results, prioritize and assign each issue to an appropriate developer. Also realize they're dealing with feature requests and enhancements at the same time. They're busy people.

I'd be helping more if I had more time myself... I did sign up for the QA project... but I have a regular day job, a little moonlight business of my own, and this forum. If you would like to see more action on bugs, why not donate a little time and help?
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit