Base Search

Discuss the database features
rcampo1

Base Search

Post by rcampo1 »

I am a Corel paradox EX-user. I exported to DB file and imported into BASE.

I have many fields in my BASE file. These are all client info. I simply wish to search for a clients last name and have that record pull up... preferably in the "Form" display.

This used to be a simple "CTL-Z" function in paradox. I've scoured the BASE program and tried everything.

Help!
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Base Search

Post by Villeroy »

Why do you try Base when you have Paradox at hand? Doesn't Paradox run under Vista? This makes no sense. Connect a Base document with your Paradox db when you need data in office documents.
Forget the HSQLDB wich is embedded in the Base document. Do not expect that the input forms provide more than the most fundamental tool set for basic editing of related row sets. The forms are useless when your database is not properly normalized.

On topic: Today's answer #1 Find record in form without using tools what are in toolbar
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
rcampo1

Post by rcampo1 »

For whatever reason, my version Paradox wont run in Vista 64B.

All i'm looking to do is search for last name in the forms field.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice