Base slow scrolling in Ubuntu 10.10

Discuss the database features
Ginosal

Base slow scrolling in Ubuntu 10.10

Post by Ginosal »

Hi! I use OpenOffice Base only for one file, my movies list. Now I'm reading it on Linux Mint 10 and it works fine, but when I open it on my desktop computer, on which Ubuntu Linux 10.10 is installed, I have problems scrolling the table vertically (or searching for a record). When I scroll the table, I have to wait one second of freezing, then it moves down (around a dozen of records), then freezes again, then moves down a sozen of records, then freezes.... the same happens when I try to find a record. I start the search, but it is very slow and it freezes for some seconds, then starts again, then freezes again.. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but still the same. What may the problem be? Thank you in advance (sorry for my English) :wink:
OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
OOO320m19 (Build:9505)
ooo-build 3.2.1.4, Ubuntu package 1:3.2.1-7ubuntu1.1

OSs: Linux Mint 10 'Julia' (on Laptop), Ubuntu Linux 10.10 'Maverick Meerkat' (on Desktop)
Hagar Delest

Re: Base slow scrolling in Ubuntu 10.10

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

First try to reset your OOo user profile but don't transfer your personal data during the welcome process (if you had 2.x before), configuration files from the former version might corrupt the new profile.

If no change, you can try the vanilla version: [Ubuntu] Installing OOo on Debian and Co.

NB: why don't you use a dedicated application like Griffith?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Install sun-java6-jre and tell OOo to use the real thing instead of the free and open stuff (Tools>Options...OOo>Java)
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Ginosal

Post by Ginosal »

Hi! Sorry, I didn't get your replies because I forgot to select mail notification. I'll try your solutions for OOo, then I'll try that program "Griffith", I didn't know it. Thank you very much!
OpenOffice.org 3.2.1
OOO320m19 (Build:9505)
ooo-build 3.2.1.4, Ubuntu package 1:3.2.1-7ubuntu1.1

OSs: Linux Mint 10 'Julia' (on Laptop), Ubuntu Linux 10.10 'Maverick Meerkat' (on Desktop)