Inability to update a Base database

Discuss the database features
Bronis

Inability to update a Base database

Post by Bronis »

I have a beer database in Base. I updated my copy of Open Office to ver 3.2.1 a couple of weeks ago without problems. However, today, when I tried to update my database by changing the country field for a beer from "UNTRIED" to "BELGIUM", I got the the following error message when I tried to save the changed record:

"SQL Status: 37000
Error code: -16

Wrong data type: java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Floreffe".

I exited without saving the record, shutdown Open Office, shutdown the computer and restarted both, only to find the same problem. After experimenting a little, it turns out that it doesn't matter which field of which beer I try to modify, I get the same error message, except that a different beer name is referred to in the "input string".

Neither the name field nor the country field is a key field. Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or - better still - what the fix is before I try to go back to ver 3.2.0? Cheers...
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Inability to update a Base database

Post by r4zoli »

Under what OS and what source of your OOo is installed?
Can you upload your file here (less then 128KB and not confidential).
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin
ausboffin

Post by ausboffin »

I am having the same problem. Tried to update the table directly and received same error. Able to write a new record - but if I try to change the new record, get the same problem.
Can't upload the database as contains confidential info.
Running Open office 3.2.1, Windows 7.

NB.Database has been working well on latest Ubuntu (0410 - Lucid Lynx) as well as Mac 10.6 using NeoOffice.
Open Office 3.2.1 with Windows 7 and NeoOffice 3.2 on Mac 10.6
ausboffin

Post by ausboffin »

Further to this problem, it looks like it only affects one table. I can edit other tables without getting this error. Any advice on how to solve this issue would be greatly appreciated.
ausboffin

Post by ausboffin »

Have solved my own problem.
I changed the offending table to allow null values, do not get the error now and able to edit via form.

Hope this helps others.