Help making flyers

Discuss the drawing application
doggymommy

Help making flyers

Post by doggymommy »

Hello
I'm new to Open Office and I'm not really a computer whiz... and I need to make a template for a flyer. I have a rough draft I made using Draw but I'd like to add a cute border around the page. I found the basic line borders but I wanted something cuter like hearts or something. The project is for a dog rescue group... I'll be making each dog their own flyer. Does anyone have any ideas or ways to make this easier or add a cute border? Any and all help is appreciated!
OOo 2.3.X on MS Windows Vista
acknak

Re: help making flyers

Post by acknak »

You can make your own border using Draw's built-in drawing objects. The easiest way is to use an image as the border object's fill pattern, assuming you can find an image that works for your border.

Here's a sample graphic object border on a text document: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... =7&t=11054

The border is just a drawing object, a rectangle, with its area filled with a pattern image. If you then "subtract" another rectangle from the center, you get a frame filled with the pattern.

Here's a Draw sample with a hearts border. It's actually a Valentine's Day border--probably not right for your posters, but you can always substitute something more appropriate.
Attachments
graphic_page_border_howto.odg
(70.38 KiB) Downloaded 774 times
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23