Same autocorrect file (acor_en-US.dat) for OOo & LibO

Help with installation and general system troubleshooting questions concerning the office suite LibreOffice.
PeaceByJesus

Same autocorrect file (acor_en-US.dat) for OOo & LibO

Post by PeaceByJesus »

I want to keep using OpenOffice for now along with LO, but I have a large number of autocorrect entries, and while I know I can copy one to the other, and have even merged them in the past, now I want to use one common autocorrect file for them. Will this cause a conflict if I make a path in LO Options to C:\Documents and Settings\user\Application Data\OpenOffice.org\3\user

Thanks
Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 3 3200G CPU; 64GB RAM
Grace and peace thru Jesus the Lord. peacebyjesus.net (pages created in Open office)
JohnV
Volunteer

Re: Can I share the same autocorrect file (acor_en-US.dat) w

Post by JohnV »

It looks like you should extend that to "user\autocorr".
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

You can experiment with the Paths settings in the user profile: Tools - Options - OOO - Paths, select Autocorrect, click Edit and set the path to one shared by both programs. Then cross your fingers and see if that works.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
PeaceByJesus

Post by PeaceByJesus »

JohnV wrote:It looks like you should extend that to "user\autocorr".
True. That is what I would have done .
Grace and peace thru Jesus the Lord. peacebyjesus.net (pages created in Open office)
PeaceByJesus

Post by PeaceByJesus »

floris v wrote:You can experiment with the Paths settings in the user profile: Tools - Options - OOO - Paths, select Autocorrect, click Edit and set the path to one shared by both programs. Then cross your fingers and see if that works.
Thanks, but whether that will work is my question :? .
floris v
Volunteer

Post by floris v »

I figure that you're going to find that out - why wait for somebody else to do it for you?
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum
PeaceByJesus

Post by PeaceByJesus »

floris v wrote:I figure that you're going to find that out - why wait for somebody else to do it for you?
I am not waiting for someone else to to do it for anyone, but asked a forum because there might be a someone with more technical knowledge would know if it would create a conflict - and which might not show up right away.
peterroots
Volunteer

Re: Same autocorrect file (acor_en-US.dat) for OOo & LibO

Post by peterroots »

don't see why it shouldn't - when I moved from OOo to LO I kept a lot of my settings (user dict, autocorrect, autotext) and didn't have any problems (that I noticed). The only issue I can see is if both LO and OOo try to access the same file at the same time
LibreOffice 4.0.3 OpenSUSE 12.3 : OpenOffice 4 Linux Mint 15
PeaceByJesus

Re: Same autocorrect file (acor_en-US.dat) for OOo & LibO

Post by PeaceByJesus »

peterroots wrote:don't see why it shouldn't - when I moved from OOo to LO I kept a lot of my settings (user dict, autocorrect, autotext) and didn't have any problems (that I noticed). The only issue I can see is if both LO and OOo try to access the same file at the same time
Well, here goes. I will try to report back if there is any problems. Wonder what the purpose is of adding a secondary different path to AutoCorrect if it only writes to one?