[Solved] Impress Full Screen problem with Gnome

Discuss the presentation application
Longboarderd

[Solved] Impress Full Screen problem with Gnome

Post by Longboarderd »

I have a fairly stock Ubuntu 8.04 install on my laptop, though I have uninstalled and reinstalled the OOo suite from Ubuntu's repositories. I have Compiz enabled, of course, with some customized options. The problem I have is that when I run Impress in full screen mode it goes BEHIND the Gnome panels (i.e. the panels are still visible on top of the full screen Impress window)--which doesn't really give me full screen mode.

I know that Ubuntu tweaks OOo a bit, but I was wondering if anyone might have an idea as to the cause. I suppose, if all else fails I can just install the latest official OOo release.

The thing is, this bug is isolated to Ubuntu's Impress. Other programs go into full screen mode just fine (Totem, PDF viewer, F-Spot). Hiding the Gnome panels is also a bit of a joke, because there is no way to COMPLETELY hide them.

If you all have any suggestions, I'd be more than happy to try.
Last edited by Longboarderd on Wed May 07, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hagar Delest

Re: Impress Full Screen problem with Gnome

Post by Hagar Delest »

The official version doesn't do that IIRC: [Ubuntu] Installing OOo on Debian and Co. But I'm not at home yet so can't confirm 100% (only 99%).

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Hagar Delest

Re: [SOLVED] Impress Full Screen problem with Gnome

Post by Hagar Delest »

Wow! the fastest fix I've ever seen! You tagged your post at the same time I answered. What was the problem?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Longboarderd

Re: [SOLVED] Impress Full Screen problem with Gnome

Post by Longboarderd »

After going through the OOo packages I had installed in Synaptic, I saw that two packages weren't installed: openoffice.org-gnome and openoffice.org-gtk

I installed those, and now everything is good to go. But thanks for the tip! I may still install the official release in the near future, I did in Gutsy and liked it better.
Kenniferau

Re: [Solved] Impress Full Screen problem with Gnome

Post by Kenniferau »

I found an easy way to solve it in Fedora - In your CompizConfig Settings manager, go to 'Utility' then 'Workarounds'.
If you then tick 'Legacy Fullscreen Support' and then enable the workarounds, it fixes Impress.

Hope this helps!
Openoffice 3.2 on Fedora 12