[Solved] No Slide Show: Custom Animation: Dialog Box

Discuss the presentation application
StaySafe

[Solved] No Slide Show: Custom Animation: Dialog Box

Post by StaySafe »

I am trying to add animation to a new presentation that I am creating. The Help topic states...

Animating Objects in Presentation Slides
You can apply preset animation effects to objects on your slide.
To apply an animation effect to an object:
1. On a slide in Normal view, select the object you want to animate.
2. Choose Slide Show - Custom Animation, click Add, and then select an animation effect.
3. In the Custom Animation dialog, click a tab page to choose from a category of effects. Click an effect, then click OK.
To preview the animation, click the Play button.

While in Normal view, I select an Text that I wish to animate (I want bullets to appear one at a time on each successive click).
I then go to Slide Show on the menu bar, and get a drop-dowm menu. the 5th entry is Custom Animation... and it is 'active' (i.e.black - not gray). However, when I left click on Custom Animation, I do not get a dialog box. I don't get a dialog box for Slide Transition either , but I do for Slide Show Setting, Interaction, and Custom slide Show

I'm a fairly proficient .ppt user trying to make the transition to OOo. I feel like I may be 'missing something obvious' :knock: . Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks & StaySafe
OOo 3.2.1 running on Windows 7/64
StaySafe

Re: [Solved]No Slide Show: Custom Animation: Dialog Box

Post by StaySafe »

{Posted so that others may benefit}

The Dialog for Custom Animation and Slide Transition appears in Task Plane while those for Slide Show Setting, Interaction, and Custom Slide Show are pop-up dialog boxes that appear on top of the normal view slide. I had set the page size to 16" x 9" (presentation will only be shown on 16 x 9 HDTV) and had minimized the task plane window (to maximize the normal view slide area) while working on a small (11") screen laptop (don't do that again :) ). Once the task plane was visable, so was the dialog for Custom Animation.
OOo 3.2.1 running on Windows 7/64