remove popup menu on right mouse click

Discuss the presentation application
Jim Manuel

remove popup menu on right mouse click

Post by Jim Manuel »

How do I disable the popup menu in the slide show? With Freelance and PowerPoint I was able to move to the previous slide with a right mouse click. This requires an option change in PowerPoint, in the "View" "Slide show " box. This allows seamless movement backward and forward from a wireless remote.
Phil
Volunteer

Re: remove popup menu on right mouse click

Post by Phil »

Hi and welcome to the community!

Sorry you didn't get an answer yet, and in fact I probably cannot give you a satisfying one either. :roll:

AFAIK, the right mouse click behavior cannot be changed in Impress yet.
The support for wireless devices is not ideal so far, as shows this issue about a similar problem.
So you could file a new issue of type enhancement, as it is certainly a good idea to allow to define the right mouse button function differently.

As a workaround, maybe the driver of your wireless device allows the assignment of a key to the right click. So you could define arrow left or arrow up to the right click in order to get the slide back function.

KR, phil
OOo 3.0.1 & DEV-3.1 • WinXP pro 32-bit + SP3 + current patches
Looking for OpenOffice-related information? Try the search engine on OpenOfficeNinja - a great tool!
My favorite extension: Alt. Find & Replace for Writer. All you need and much more...
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP