Problems embeding exported swf files

Discuss the presentation application
DigitalEternal

Problems embeding exported swf files

Post by DigitalEternal »

Hi,

Im trying to get a presentation exported to SWF format to work on the web, it exports fine but when I try to embed it it doesnt show up properly, its way too small and there is no way to specifiy pixel dimensions only inches which is useless on the web.

My presentation's size is based on a 690x478 pixel image with a 72dpi resolution (so standard web format).

When i embed the swf in html I specify width of 690 and hight of 478 (as thats the size I intended it to be) but when I try to view it I get a much smaller version with a lot of white space around it.

How exactly amd I supposed to embed this so that its the proper size? is there some way to specify pixel dimensions for the presentation when exporting or creating?

Any help would be greatly appreciated
pingju
Volunteer

Re: Problems embeding exported swf files

Post by pingju »

SWF movie is scalable. How big you specify it, how big it displays.

For your case, I guess it might relate to
1. How big you scaled the picture in your slide?
2. How did you specify the size of SWF in HTML?

It would be easier for others to figure out a solution if you could attach an example file you have a problem with.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / XP SP3 EN
DigitalEternal

Post by DigitalEternal »

I scaled the slide to fit the image, I added the image into the format/area as a bmp and then in format/page i set it as background with original image size, no scaling and no tiling then I changed the slide width and height of the slide so that it fits the background image perfectly.

To embed into html i Just used <embed> and <object> tages with the width and height arguments.
OpenOffice 3.2 on vista 64 (whats up with this?)
pingju
Volunteer

Post by pingju »

One way to see whether it is a problem of the slide (OOo) or HTML:

Open the SWF file with your web browser, such as FireFox, resize the browser window to see if the size of your movie changes with the browser window.

1. If it fill in fully the browser window, then there was a problem in your HTML embed coding
2. If it is displayed in smaller size than you expected and can not be resized in the browser window, then it is a problem of slide / export of OOo.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / XP SP3 EN