Problem on OOo3.1 Export as PDF function

Discuss the presentation application
Michael058176

Problem on OOo3.1 Export as PDF function

Post by Michael058176 »

Upgraded to OOo3.1 (both English & ZHTW version ) and might find a bug on IMPRESS.
I used OOo3.01 IMPRESS to creat a company introduction with some simplified Chinese character for my Chinese customers.
It was perfectly exported as PDF by OOo3.1, unfortunately can't maintain similar quality via OOo3.1 IMPRESS export as PDF function.
(please refer to my attachments below).
Can anyone help to report this to our painstaking developers and looking forward for a fix on coming version.

Regards Michael
Attachments
The same page export by OOo3.01, it is 100% perfect.
The same page export by OOo3.01, it is 100% perfect.
the background appeared some lines
the background appeared some lines
OOo 3.0.X on MS Windows Vista
RoryOF

Re: Problem on OOo3.1 Export as PDF function

Post by RoryOF »

Are the lines missing when you print the file? There are some reports of strange things happening on-screen, to do with the level of zoom. Try zooming to a different level and seeing if the lines re-appear.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

As a work-around have you tried using a PDF printer, such as the free version of PrimoPDF? That way you by-pass the OOo PDF generation routines entirely.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Michael058176

Post by Michael058176 »

RoryOF wrote:Are the lines missing when you print the file? There are some reports of strange things happening on-screen, to do with the level of zoom. Try zooming to a different level and seeing if the lines re-appear.
These white lines actually disappeared, but another problem happened, please refer to the left buttom side of attached image, the date became "Black" color.
Attachments
OOo3.1 print out by HP OJ64800001.jpg
Michael058176

Post by Michael058176 »

TheGurkha wrote:As a work-around have you tried using a PDF printer, such as the free version of PrimoPDF? That way you by-pass the OOo PDF generation routines entirely.

It looks OK while using CutePDF, although it has a white color bar on right side.
I was using Cutepdf for a while, frankly speaking OOo3.01 generated better PDF quality than Cutepdf.
I had drawn back to OOo3.01 and will stay there till this fixed and I has great confidence to see it happen shortly!
Cheers!
Attachments
Exported by Cutepdf-2.jpg
Exported by Cutepdf-1.jpg