Convert Impress Presentation to Mpeg

Discuss the presentation application
sundeniro

Convert Impress Presentation to Mpeg

Post by sundeniro »

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a way to convert an impress presentation in to an mpeg or other movie format so that it can be uploaded to a website and then watched by any casual visitor without them needing to go download software?
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Convert Impress Presentation to Mpeg

Post by TheGurkha »

Hi and welcome to the forums.

I have never used it, but this utility says you can convert a Powerpoint to a variety of video formats, and it is free. You can save as Powerpoint from within OOo Impress.

Powerpoint to video convertor.

Give it a whirl!

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the edit button and add [Solved] to the start of your title. You can also select the green 'tick' icon.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Vivian66

Post by Vivian66 »

Well, besides E.M. PowerPoint video converter there are a lot of free PowerPoint to video converters at:
http://www.masternewmedia.org/convert-p ... -services/
These converters can help us do some basic conversion work. If you are not care much about the conversion effect, you can use these free PowerPoint to video converters.
To get better conversion effect, you can use Acoolsoft PPT to VideoFree ( http://www.acoolsoft.com/ ), also Free, which begins to free at 2010. 

TheGurkha wrote:Hi and welcome to the forums.

I have never used it, but this utility says you can convert a Powerpoint to a variety of video formats, and it is free. You can save as Powerpoint from within OOo Impress.

Powerpoint to video convertor.

Give it a whirl!

If this has answered your question please go to your first post and use the edit button and add [Solved] to the start of your title. You can also select the green 'tick' icon.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista
dwightgenius

Post by dwightgenius »

You can use a professional PowerPoint to video converter like "Moyea PowerPoint to Video" (www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/ppt-to-video) to convert your PowerPoint file to mpeg file at the same time preserve all the PowerPoint originals like animations,transitions,video clips and sounds.
Last edited by acknak on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Disable live external link
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows
tin2tin

Post by tin2tin »

A free solution for mpeg, flv, avi, dvd, Bluray etc. here:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 10&t=26778
soybees

Post by soybees »

PowerPoint Converter (www.powerpoint-converter.net/), a professional converter for ppt files, is developed to convert powerpoint files to almost all popular formats including video and auido. For example, you can convert powerpoint slide show to AVI, WMV, MOV, DivX, MP4, 3GP, FLV, VOB, MP3, WMA, AAC, etc. Moreover, with the Office PowerPoint Converter you can put ppt videos to your iPod, iTouch, iPhone, Apple TV, PSP, PS3, Zune, etc.
Last edited by acknak on Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / NeoOffice 2.2.3 with MacOS 10.4 / OpenOffice 2.4 on Ubuntu 9.04 WAHT A NICE DAY.
remilt

Post by remilt »

All the same, i use the programm Presentation to Video Converter.
OpenOffice 3.1
dwightgenius

Post by dwightgenius »

Leawo PowerPoint to Video (www.dvd-ppt-slideshow.com/ppt-to-video) and Moyea PPT to Video Converter (www.leawo.com/powerpoint-video-converter) are both good choices. As far as I know, these converters can preserve all the powerpoint elements like animations,transitions, video clips and music, so I recommend them to you, hope it helps.
Last edited by acknak on Fri Apr 23, 2010 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows
Tomy

Post by Tomy »

You can use this PowerPoint to video converter - Wondershare PPT2Video to do this. www.ppt-to-dvd.com/ppt-to-video-overview.html

Besides converting PowerPoint to MPEG, you can also convert it to more web-friendly formats like FLV. I've been using it for a long time, and it gets the job done nice.

For more reference, you can view this article: www.ppt-to-dvd.com/blog/2008/09/28/5-ways-to-convert-powerpoint-to-video.

Good luck.
Last edited by acknak on Thu May 06, 2010 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Disable live external links
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP + WinNT
Funny

Post by Funny »

For me MelodyCan is the best software for different players. It can remove drm and convert files to different formats. You can try it_))
http://media-convert.com
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: live link disabled.
kukla

Post by kukla »

I use Presentation To Video Converter! It's very simple tool, it works excellent... ;)
OOo 2.3.X on MS Windows Vista
ALINA

Post by ALINA »

HI ) You can try Mylodycan program for converting different video files, I used this program and i was so pleased.
elisalead

Post by elisalead »

If you have a power point presentation that you want to impress into mpeg video file format for any purpose then it is only possible by using third party convert powerpoint to video tool. Once I have also used usch tool to convert my ppt into avi and it really works. Try it, it is pretty sure that it will help you to prepare a video of your PPT.

See: www.convertpowerpointtovideo.com
Last edited by acknak on Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: remove live link
office 2007 and Windows XP
recraig

Post by recraig »

This is a stupid forum for advertisers to pose as users!

All of these so-called software "solutions" REQUIRE PowerPoint be installed in order to function. I have tried too many of them. This makes me want to give up on this forum as well. Disgusting waste of time!
OpenOffice 3.3.0 on Windows 7
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If you feel that a posting is really only to allow an advertiser masquerade as a User, then report it to the Moderators by the ! button top right of the posting.

"All" of the solutions? You have tried them "all"?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
acknak

Post by acknak »

Sorry you haven't found a solution, and thanks for adding your feedback--I'm sure it will help others who come here looking for help.

Just remember that we're all volunteers here and have no resources to do research to evaluate anything that is posted on the forum. We try to make sure that nothing outright harmful appears here, but absolutely every bit of information on this forum is strictly "use at your own risk." It can't be otherwise unless you want to pay for someone else to do the research.

If you'd like to contribute some kind of summary/tutorial that people looking for a "presentation to video" converter could refer to, I'm sure it would be a huge help--we get a lot of people looking for it; we could just refer users to the tutorial.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Steve W

Post by Steve W »

Honestly I do it the hard way - I take one screenshot at a time, copy / paste it into GIMP (a free photo editor), crop, re-size, touch-up, etc., then import each edited image into windows movie maker. I then use windows recorder to make audio for each piece, which I then ALSO pull into windows movie maker.

It's about as inelegant a process as you can get, but I've made many simple movies this way.

I've heard about other ways (camtasia and the like), but honestly I just hammer away one image or thought at a time. If you're videos don't have to be "pretty" - windows movie maker will do the job just fine on small projects. I make small movies. Big movies / presentations I imagine would make it very tedious.

(edit) I should add once the windows movie project is cut together you simply publish it to your PC (a.k.a. WMM converts it to mpeg at that point).

Hope that helps,
Steve W.
Windows Vista Open Office 3.2
jacki.saorsail

Post by jacki.saorsail »

I agree with the last person who posted. Even using the ppt to video software I had to record the audio separately and use a video editor to put the two together. You can save your slides directly from Impress to image files and then upload those to whatever open source video editing software you choose, then add audio. Don't make the mistake of recording your audio in Impress and trying to convert it all together, just use video or audio software for that and be sure you have a good microphone!!!! You could also use another online presentation software like google drive or prezi and upload your slides as images, then you can use their editing tools to make it more like a presentation than a video.
OpenOffice 3.4.1 on Windows 7
interstar

Post by interstar »

WRT Steve W's solution.

The easy way to export each slide as an image is to do the HTML export. This will create not only html pages for your presentation, but a png file for each slide. You can then drag these into your video editor.
Libre Office, 4.1.2.3, Ubuntu