Formatting Slideshow for email

Discuss the presentation application
kcatri

Formatting Slideshow for email

Post by kcatri »

HELP !!!! My son created a slideshow for a project due at school. When I tried to save it to the thumb drive, the school computer couldn't read it. I then tried to email the project and the teacher said I was saving it wrong and to try saving as a doc (.doc) I did that and it was all symbols. His project is now past due and I don't know what else to do !!!!
OpenOffice.org 3.1, e-machines
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Formatting Slideshow for email

Post by Zizi64 »

Which application you create the slideshow with? (OpenOffice Impress? Microsoft Powerpoint? or: OOWriter/MSWord?)
The native filetype of slideshows is ".odp" not the ".doc" in OpenOffice. The microsoft "equivalent" of ".odp" type is the ".ppt". You need save the presentation (slideshow) into ".odp" or ".ppt" format.
If the school has OpenOffice.org suite, then save it into ".odp"; if have not, you must to save it into ".ppt" format. (I think they have MS Powerpoint Editor or Viewer program.)
If you saved the slideshow into ".ppt" format, try to display it (check it) with the freeware MS Powerpoint Viewer program, before you send it.

...Or you can save (export) the presentation into ".pdf" format, or flash format.
There are a lot of freeware pdf reader applications to display a .pdf file; (and flash players for flash files) ...
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.