JRE not found error..........

Discussions about using 3rd party extension with OpenOffice.org
makrandmane

JRE not found error..........

Post by makrandmane »

When new plugin is installed the jre is not found and program goes under recovery mode and plugin is not workin properly.........
this started in between my plugin developement ...
previously Openoffice was able to run the same plugin........
but after some time this problem started i dont know how to track the bug here.....
beacuse the same plugin was running previously correct .............

Plz Help

Thanks in Advance ....... :P
Hagar Delest

Re: jre not found error..........

Post by Hagar Delest »

Please read the Survival Guide for the forum. No multiposting. I've deleted your other thread in the Writer forum. What OS? What OOo version?

Go to the Tools>Options>OOo>Java menu. Make sure that one of the version of Java is checked. It sometimes happens that the Java environment get unchecked. Wait a while so that OOo scans your system for a Java version.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
makrandmane

Post by makrandmane »

sorry for multiple posting............ :oops:

we are currently using Windows Xp , Open Office 2.4.0_en-US Java version jdk-1_5_0_15-windows-i586-p

We are developing new extension for open office , Its was complete it worked for 1day .............. :cry: then the problem started ........... :x

..............of jre not found ................

i tried to install the Extension again I got error "jre is not found and program goes under recovery mode and plug in is not working properly........."

previously Open office was able to run with the same plug in........

I also try Tools>Options>OOo>Java menu here its shows different version of Java i tried for all version ..... whicn i had
(even 1.6) then it use to say

jre is defective but same jre had ran the same plugin 1day before.....

now i dont know how to track this problem

i even tried of uninstalling open office ,sdk and even my neat beans which i am using for developement

plz help......me not finding any way out....
thnx in advance bro.......
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

makrandmane wrote:jre is defective but same jre had ran the same plugin 1day before.....
With the same version of OOo or a former one?
In the latter case, try to downgrade to check if it works again.
In the former case, try to rename your OOo user profile (\Documents and settings\<user>\Application data\OpenOffice.org2), you will lose your customization but you'll see if the problem was a damaged configuration file or not.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10