[Solved] Form field - Multi Line option

Creating and using forms
crustyone

[Solved] Form field - Multi Line option

Post by crustyone »

Not sure if this is the right place for this question.
I've just started using Base.
If I set up a field to hold 250 characters using the wizars, I can set a multi line option in control.
However, there is a gape I can't remove between the label and the field 'box'.

If I use an Icon in the sidfe bar to form a formatted field I can position it where I want but there is no Muti Line option in control.

What have I done wrong please
Crusty
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged as solved
Open Office 3.1 on Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Form field - Multi Line option.

Post by Villeroy »

The form wizard groups each control with its label, which makes the pair behave like one graphical element. The properties diealog shows the common properties set of all the grouped controls which is not so useful in most cases.
You can use the context-menu to ungroup permanently or for the next edit step.
You can Ctrl+Click a single element.
I prefer the form navigator. Get toolbar "Form Design" and hit the 5th button. You get a tool which allows you to view and edit the entire hierarchy of forms, subforms and controls.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
crustyone

Re: Form field - Multi Line option.

Post by crustyone »

Thanks. Ctrl click works well of course. (Where did you find that :-)

Found the Form Navigator but failed to find anything that allows me to Group or Un Group.
Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?

Crusty
Open Office 3.1 on Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Form field - Multi Line option

Post by Villeroy »

crustyone wrote:Thanks. Ctrl click works well of course. (Where did you find that :-)

Found the Form Navigator but failed to find anything that allows me to Group or Un Group.
Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong place?

Crusty
It selects any single element or multiple elements regardless of grouping. In the context menu you get the properties. It lets you add subforms and drag around controls within the hierarchy of forms and subforms.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice