[Solved] Context menus don't work

Issues installing under the Mac OSX - X11 - Aqua
singwithyou

[Solved] Context menus don't work

Post by singwithyou »

I'm running OpenOffice calc and writer on Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) and I'm having trouble with calling up context menus (i.e. the menus that pop up when you right click or control+click) I don't have a mouse so "control+click" is my only option. Any advice? Thanks.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:22 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved.
Hagar Delest

Re: Context menus don't work

Post by Hagar Delest »

As this is a Mac specific question, I move your question to the Mac forum.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
wurzel
Volunteer

Post by wurzel »

singwithyou wrote:I'm running OpenOffice calc and writer on Mac OS X Leopard (10.5) and I'm having trouble with calling up context menus (i.e. the menus that pop up when you right click or control+click) I don't have a mouse so "control+click" is my only option. Any advice? Thanks.
Well that is odd indeed. Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using (2.2, 2.3.0 or 2.3.1)? X11 or Aqua version ? On my Tiger Macbook, I don't have this problem. I can use the Ctrl-click or Command-click to bring up my context menus.

Alex
CharroNegro

Post by CharroNegro »

I have the same problem, I am trying to the get to the 'Paragraph Style: Text Body' window to modify an style as explained on chapter 7 of the manual 'Working With Styles' page 5 Modifying styles (http://documentation.openoffice.org/man ... Styles.pdf) and the Control-click does not displays anything as opposed to a right click on the windows version.
Using
X11.Aap 2.0 X.org X11R7.2
Mac OS X 10.5.1
OpenOffice.org 2.2.1

If the control-click does not work, Is there another way to get to the 'Paragraph Style: Text Body' window?
CharroNegro

Post by CharroNegro »

Found another posting within the MAC OSX explaining on under X11 Preferences on the Input tab you can modify Mouse buttons behavior. I did so and after closing and opening again Open Office (and of course X11), it is working now! Hope this helps. :)
wurzel
Volunteer

[SOLVED] Re: Context menus don't work

Post by wurzel »

Hi,

In that case, please put SOLVED in square brackets in front of the subject of the discussion so that others will know you've found the solution.

Better still, I'll do it myself.

Alex