Incomplete install - setup endlessly hanging

Issues with installing under all versions of MS Windows
vstarc16

Incomplete install - setup endlessly hanging

Post by vstarc16 »

Last year I have installed OO 3.0 on laptop machine that runs on Vista without any problem.

When version 3.1 was release I tried to install it but setup process was endlessly hanging at the very end. Today I have tried to install OO 3.1.1 with the same result. Installer is endlessly hanging at the end of installation (message: Please wait while Installation Wizard installs OO.. - the progress bar is stopped very near the end).

I did the installation logged as Administrator, UAC, firewall, and Norton anti-virus are turned off; I mannaged to identify that while this happens UNOPKG.BIN process is active (50% of CPU). Strangely, although I have interrupted installation via Task manager some new features are installed (like those in Writer and Calc, e.g. subtle highlights), when you look at the Help<About it says; OpenOfficeOrg 3.1.1 OOO310m19 Build(9420), but in the Base (which I need the most) there is no item, "Migrate Macros …", so it does not look that installation is complete.

I have read all the relevant topics in the Setup&Troubleshooting section but I don see that anyone had such an issue. Any ideas?

Vanja
OOo 3.1.X on Ms Vista
pingju
Volunteer

Re: Incomplete install - setup endlessly hanging

Post by pingju »

If you didn't try this, you may try to uninstall all existed copy and reinstall a full new copy.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows Vista / XP SP3 EN
vstarc16

Post by vstarc16 »

I did try and it was not helpful. But what I did this time is the following. After unistaling OO 3.1.1 i tried to install OO 3.0 and same thing happens: setup endlesly hanging at the end (same process is active as previously described), but the OO is fully functional (at least at the first glimpse). On the first run I got the following message
Clipboard01.jpg
there is no any othe copy of OO installed, and no othe user was logged. Maybe this gives a hint to somebody. So probably the same as now was occurring during the first installation but as OO was functional I did not care. Now I need Macro migration wizard that does not appear in Base menu so I noticed

Vanja
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Have you tried deleting the User Profile? Uninstalling OOo leave the User Profile behind. Best to delete it by hand.

[Tutorial] The OOo user profile
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
tn@BeWo
Volunteer

Post by tn@BeWo »

Search for the .lock file in the parent of the (previous? and to be re-used) user profile directory. It contains the user information seen on your screen shot and might have failed to be deleted when deleting the old user profile in the same directory.
OOo 3.2.1 on ubuntu 10.4, MsWXP, MsW2k
vstarc16

Post by vstarc16 »

OK, I have deleted all *.lock files related to OO (a bunch of them), then uninstalled OO 3.0, checked again if there were any new *.lock files (they were not) and ran setup again, with the same result: hanging at the end.

Vanja
OOo 3.1.X on Ms Vista
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Have you tried deleting the user profile?
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
vstarc16

Post by vstarc16 »

I tried as sugested without any effect.

Vanja
OOo 3.1.X on Ms Vista
vstarc16

Post by vstarc16 »

I am raising this question again because I did not find out what is preventing setup from completing. In the mean time I have tried to completely install OO 3.1.2, also unsuccessfully. I have found that all OO features are functional except: there is no wizard for migration of macros in Base, and Reports in Base are not working - no matter whether they were created by wizard or using SRB.
I would appreciate further ideas.

Vanja
OOo 3.1.X on Ms Vista
wdblackman

Post by wdblackman »

I'm having the same issue with both 3.1.1 and 3.1.0. I get to the same point and then the unopkg.bin seems to hang using 50% of the CPU.
OOhang.PNG
I have done the same steps as others have with a similar issue. I uninstalled all previous versions of OO; turned off all Anti-virus, firewall, and spyware software; deleted the .lock file; renamed the user folder as user.old for all users; downloaded a fresh copy and did a CheckSum. It still does the same thing. :crazy: :( Please help!!
OpenOffice 3.1.1 on Windows XP MC ed2005
jesusaplsoft

Post by jesusaplsoft »

Same issue here on OO 3.1.2 on Xp
Anyone has any idea?
OpenOffice 3.2 on Windows Xp
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

Try the windows installer cleanup utility http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/02/2 ... n-failure/.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2